Chapter 10

Sherlock's POV

I sauntered into the station with John on my heels, letting my head flip high and my trademark smirk slide into position. I was in my battle armor.

"Ah, Sherlock," John said. "We've left Charlotte to pay for the cab. I don't suppose you gave her any money for that?"

"No, but she stole my wallet, so she should be fine." I let my mask fall a little, perking up into a real smile. "Just wait until she tries to get in here. It'll be hilarious."

John furrowed up his brow. Confused. Well, he'd figure it out eventually.

We burst into Lestrade's office, and he stood up, starting to speak before I cut him off.

"Don't tell me about the case yet. It'll distract me."

"What, do you have another case already?" Lestrade said, and he sat down. Obviously confused, just like John.

"No, you'll just want to hear this. (--hear what, exactly?) 3. 2. 1."

Lestrade's radio crackled to life.

"Calling all officers in the area, I'm in the entrance of the Southern building, reporting a break in. Requesting back up immediately."

"Oh, this will be good!" I exclaimed, my grin broadening.

Lestrade's walkie-talkie turned on once more, and I detected Charlotte's voice emitting from it.

"Lestrade! --" Scuffling sounds ripped through the machine. "Get off of me, you buffoon!" I had to contain a laugh, something John was not capable of doing. "Hey, Lestrade! Yeah, I know you can hear me! -- Hey! -- Let go if the damn walkie-talkie you spilled tea-packet! -- That was my rib you stale ham sandwich! -- As I was saying, Lestrade, call off these shitty officers! -- That's a horrible move! What do they teach coppers these days? -- Idiot! I know of at least twelve ways to kill you right now, but I'm a DAMN GOOD GUY so I wont! -- Oh, hey John! -- I just took twelve of your guys down in one swing, and you decide to take me on with nothing but a handgun?-- Ha! You missed! -- Ok, I'll give you that one, but I'm ambidextrous, so you'll have to be a better shot than that to get my other arm! -- Oh, John? Do you have any more of that cream stuff you put on my cheek? -- You raspberry jam jar! -- Yeah, well one of these dumbos reopened the cut, so if you could just hurry over here and fix that -- Oh, was that your jaw? Soooo sorry about that! -- Thanks John! Love ya, Sherly!"

"Sir," Donovan's voice spoiled the mood. "There's been a break in. And, um, well, the criminal has knocked out all of our officers. Permission to send over more officers?"

I flashed Lestrade a knowing smirk, and he sighed, rubbing his temple. "No, just bring her here. I have a feeling she's here to speak to me."

Donovan opened her mouth to argue, but changed her mind and stalked away.

"What is this all about?" Lestrade griped.

"You'll see." I answered. "You're going to love her."

"Why are you dragging me?" I heard in the distance. "Why the handcuffs? You can't legally arrest me, you know. Oh, don't give me that look! I studied law, and criminology, and forensic science, and literally every other subject known to mankind. I know this stuff!"

Donovan shoved Charlotte into the room before settling into a chair in the corner of the room.