The Hollow Silence

Prolouge

Thump thump! His blue eyes flittered around the room. His palms were clammy and cold. Thump thump! His breathing increased, his blue eyes widened with fear. Thump thump! The darkness of the room... Black. Thump thump! All he could hear was the sound of his own heart. Thump thump! His arms grew restless, a shiver ran down his spine. Thump thump!

Why, he thought, why me? His mind raced. How could this happen? He clenched his hands tighter, the knuckles turning white. His heart was beating wildly. He felt his stomach tense, the blood drained away from his face, and his face grew pale. The flutter. He heard the flutter and jumped. He cried, "Oh please no. Go away..." He said in a weak feeble voice. The shadows. They moved... swirled. The darkness. So black... So... empty. Void of all but the shadow.

It fluttered again, this time the shadow moved closer. It was only a few feet away from the man. His breath quickened, a foul stench filled the air. It smelled like... death. The man cringed in fear, his heart and mind racing. The shadow moved closer. The man moaned, "Forgive me." Three red dots appeared. Blood red. Evil. Sinister. They were floating over the man. He cried quietly. He prayed.

A voice spoke, so dark, so cold, it instantly filled the man with dread and agony, it drained him of all hope, "Praying won't save you." The voice seemed to be otherworldly. It seemed to be spoken by multiple voices, shrieks, and screams. The man gasped, the shadow lunged. The man screamed, "No!" and the shadow was upon him. The man tried to fight back, tried to stop it. But to know avail.

The life was slipping from his body. His blood everywhere, his body torn in pieces, but his face fell to the doorway. Standing in it was a small boy. He mouthed the word, run... But no sound came out. The last of the man's life was gone.

"Daddy? No! Daddy!" The boy said screaming. The eyes shifted to the boy. The boy stood shocked, frozen in fear. The blue eyes of the boy locked onto the red. The shadow smiled, it fluttered.

"You..." The voice spoke, the boy cringing at every word, "now will die." The shadow took a step forward, a low growl came from it... like a predator. The boy couldn't move. His eyes locked onto the shadow as it moved closer. A light grew behind the boy, and his knees buckled. His consciousness was slipping away, his mind drew blank. Before he fell he saw white wings... and wings of black...