Dangerous Lady

This is a short story, set after Nico Di Angelo- Darkness prevails. Enjoy xx

Nico Di Angelo had never been so excited in his whole life.

His life had been a mess; running from his country, his mother dying, forgetting his whole life, waking up in a new century, his sister dying, finding out about his father, running away from everything, and of course... the pit...

But William Solace, son of Apollo, was his lucky break. He was the shining sun through all of the misery that he had, the light that scared away his demons.

And in three days, they would be married. 

He was running over last minute plans with Annabeth, who had holidays from college when he remembered that he needed to pick up the streamers from the Amazon's nearby outlet. He promised Annabeth that he would be back soon, and shadow jumped to the outlet...

...But this wasn't it. 

He realised that in a split second, and also realised he was slightly hovering. He had shadow travelled somewhere in the air again. 

He was flung down and felt a body crumple underneath him. He looked down and saw a neat braid of red hair and a sparkly dress.

The lady kicked up (which hurt a lot), and got him off her. She then reached to her leg and drew twin guns. 

"Who the hell are you, and where the f*** did you come from?" She said in an angry voice.

Nico looked around and realised he was in a pub. This pub seemed familiar... Wait, was this Argentina again? The last time he was here, he was almost killed by an army of monsters!

He noticed the three men who the lady was talking to creep away with a case. The redhead didn't notice this. 

She was pretty, but she had a kind of regal beauty, quite like Nico's close friend Reyna. Her eyes were a steely green colour and looked like she held a deep knowledge. Her face seemed like she had many secrets. She was tall and thin, and her dress hid her muscles from everyone but the most perspective. Her hair was way too red to be natural, and it seemed like she died it a lot of colours.

"Nico. I'm so sorry, someone threw me on you." Nico played the innocent teenager card. 

"Honey, that's not gonna work on me." She whispered. He could tell she was an expert in lying. Styx.

She made no effort in taking away the guns, so I took out my silver daggers, which I kept on me to fight werewolves and mortals.

She stared at my daggers, wondering why I was going to fight dagger to a gun. Nico drew an invisible shadow barrier, shielding me from bullets.

"I'll ask you one more time, where did you come from? Because you certainly weren't here before."

Nico glared at her. "I'd love to stay to chat, but I'm busy planning a wedding."

Nico looked at her face... there was something familiar about it. He thought he had seen it one of the only times he watched TV. But she may have just looked like someone.

She shot at him. How rude. Obviously, it didn't get past the shadow barrier. 

"What?" She said in surprise.

Then Nico did something absolutely stupid. He punched her in the nose.

She was too surprised from the earlier fail that she didn't block the punch. But she sure did get her payback.

She drew momentum from pushing on the table and jumped onto Nico's neck. She brought her legs around his neck, and scissor-kicked him, bring the mighty Ghost King down on the ground. She then went really close to him, and he smelt her breath; pepperminty, so she had obviously had a breath mint before. 

"Don't you dare, darling-" Nico faded into the shadow that she had graciously provided him, seeing one last sight...

...her shocked face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So did you get the streamers?"

"I can't believe your mind goes, Will!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it! The next story I will be doing is a Nico and  Avengers Crossover. It's gonna be so much fun to write! Love you all!

-KatWeasley1