Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Better Than Words

Georgia’s POV

I’ll be honest; this was probably the most awkward thing that ever happened to me. I have gone through life as a ‘good girl’. I have never drank alcohol. I have never snuck out when I was grounded. I have never disobeyed my parents. And I was never thought to have cheated on someone.

I reluctantly took a seat on the couch that was farthest from the one Perrie was sitting on, “Why am I here?” I ask, though I think I already know why I was here.

“We need to talk.” Zayn says, in a very serious voice that it scares me a little.

“About…?”

“This.” Liam hands me a magazine, it was open, and I read the article.

‘One Direction’s Zayn Malik has been seen driving Georgia Rose home. Georgia has been said to be a close friend of Harry Styles’ ex-girlfriend, Megan Taylor. Zayn and Georgia have only been seen once, and that was in a mall a couple of days ago.

Now Zayn and his girlfriend, Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards, have been seen arguing yesterday at the town park.

Could Zayn be cheating?

A lot of sources claim that he is, indeed, cheating on Perrie, with the beautiful Georgia Rose.

Check the next issue for more information.

- Jenny Winters’

“Are you and Zayn together?” Perrie asks me, once I’ve finished reading the magazine.

“Of course not!” I honestly say.

“See?” Zayn asks Perrie.

She rolled her eyes, “My bad.” She scoffs, “With all the tabloids saying that, it’s hard to listen to you!”

“Zayn, we have an interview this evening, so just tell them that you and Perrie are still together.” Liam exclaims, “And that you have no interest in Georgia, whatsoever.”

“That’s a good idea.” Zayn admits.

Maybe I wasn’t screwed after all…

“I need to talk to you…” Perrie tells me, “alone.”

Then again, maybe I am.

“Okay…”

We walked over to the kitchen. Once we were out of earshot, Perrie questions, “How did you and Zayn meet? What were you two doing at the mall? Why did he drive you home?!”

I’m guessing Perrie doesn’t like me… “We met when he and Megan dumped into each other. Once they saw each other, Zayn wanted her to see the other lads, but she refused because she would see Harry.” I explain. “So he had Paul lift Megan towards the boys. Zayn and I walked side by side to the lads.”

“Okay, but why did he drive you home?”

“We were at Liam’s place, and I needed a ride.” I explain, “I swear, there is nothing going on between us.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.” I assure her, “I don’t think he’d ever cheat on you, you’re a really great girl.”

“Thank you.” she hugs me, “I misjudged you.”

I smile.

But I could only focus on one thing: