Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Still The One

Megan’s POV

*a few minutes earlier*

“Meg, do you miss Harry?” Louis asks, sitting on the sand beside me, handing me a pail of salt water.

We were still at the beach, trying to restore the sandcastle Louis destroyed. Louis just came back from getting another pail of water.

I sigh, “Yes, Louis, I do.” I admit, “And don't call me Meg.”

“His been… in a really bad mood, since…” he trails off, knowing it was best if he didn’t finish that sentence.

“I know.” I continue on the sandcastle, not bothering to look at him, “All of you won’t stop telling me that, you all say ‘Megan, Harry feels bad, don't you want to talk to him?’, for the last time, Louis, I’m not talking to him.”

“He still thinks you’re in bed, crying over the fact that Jasper---“

“Don't finish that sentence!” True, I was still hurt about the break up, but it was really sweet that Jasper accepted the fact that I still liked Harry. Though, I don't really have any of them at the moment…

“Sorry…” he pouts. “But can’t we just talk to him?”

“We?” I repeat, “Or just ‘me’ talk to him?”

“You.” He smirks.

“No.” I straighten the sides of the castle.

Louis’ hands found my shoulders, forcing me to stop working on the castle, and to look him in the eyes. “Meg, you and Harry need to talk.” His voice was serious, unlike the jolly Louis voice I was used to, “He’s been nothing but crap for the past few weeks, heck, even Georgia---” he immediately stopped talking, as if he wasn’t supposed to tell me something.

“What about Georgia?” I ask.

“Nothing, we---“

“What about her?” I repeat, slow and clear, so he’d get the point.

He sighs, “The lads and I have been with you for these past few weeks, right?”

I nod.

“Well, we’ve been going to Georgia’s and Harry’s place too.” He admits.

“Oh, okay…” I don't know how I'm supposed to react to that.

I don't really have to complain, right? After all, the boys are still friends with Georgia and Harry, so I have no say in this.

“Are you mad?”

“Of course not.” I continue working on the castle, not bothering to complain about the fact that Louis is no longer helping.

“Then, can you talk to him?”

“No.” I say sternly.

“Megan,” he calls me by my real name, indicating that he was serious, “you can’t just keep hiding from everything, you know? You have to talk to him, or even Georgia, if you feel more comfortable talking to her.”

“I’d rather go to Harry’s…” I mutter.

But he seemed to hear that, “Then go to his place then.”

I advert my eyes from the sandcastle to look at Louis, “I… will you come with me?”

“We all will.” He assures me, “And by we, I mean ‘Liam, Zayn and I’ will.”