Chapter 3 - Truth

Reiji would have wanted to leap from the chair and straight into his friend's arms, but he controlled his desire since he was aware of Aines current condition.
The blue haired on the other hand moved his dull eyes idly from one side to the other, trying to figure out where he was and what happened to him. However he could just make out the outlines of the things around him. He noticed someone sitting next to him, though it was not more than a mix of brown and green. Behind that appear another person, nearly impossible to recognize in front of the white wall.
She walked slowly to Aines other side and a slight whisper reached his ear, but too slurred to understand anything. The person stopped to control something? That's at least what Aine concluded. He made use of the time to sharpen his sight and to accustom his eyes to the unknown surroundings. Slowly the vague Shapes became clearer and ultimately sharp enough to be able to identify them.
Through effort Aine was able to look at the wall opposite him, which consist off a big mirror as a big part of the wall. He couldn't believe how tired, exhausted and vulnerable he appeared.
What had happened again? Thinking back seemed impossible, the only thing that came to his mind was a picture of a bridge.
Aine turned away from his reflection, wanting to know who was standing there next to him checking devices.
Exhaustedly he forced his eyes to look to the left and focused them on the white spot. Was... was this his uncle? But he looked so worn and stressed out....
A shudder ran through his whole body as someone grabbed his right hand. He had totally forgotten about the second person beside him in the room. This contact was so light and carful but still tight, such as the person on the right would never ever let go of his hand ever again.
At the attempt to identify the person who happened to be the course of this light contact, did the blue haired heart felt torn apart. She seemed so familiar! However no name came to his mind. The tears the other one cried couldn't be overlooked and they certainty didn't make it easier for Aine.
"Ai-chan, it's me!" whispered the brown haired guy pleadingly, "Rei-chan!"
Aines thoughts gone head over heels. He knew Rei-chan! Of course he knew him. How could he not know his best friend? But Rei-chan was way younger than this man in front of him!
As much as Aine would like to deny it, he was unable to do so. He noticed that small sparkling in those brown Eyes and the brown hair that fell so unnatural that they could only be those of his best friend. Also this voice, that still whispered to him, who he was, in a desperate effort to detect weather Aine still knew who he was or not.
The shocking truth bursts over Aine. Pictures of the bridge showed up in his head once again, way more defined than before, followed by an ineffective try to phone Rei-chan, next the coming nearer water and the darkness that surrounded him.
What had happened?
WHEN had that happened?
He had to tell Reiji that he remembered. He didn't want to see his friend like that, but his throat felt completely dry what made speaking impossible.
Reiji looked up. "How's he doing? Can he remember everything?"
On Aines other Side answered his uncle: "His data states that he's stable, but it will take a while until he's fully recovered.
"Does he remember?"
Silence filled the air, while it seethed in Aine. He didn't want to cause Reiji more worries.

"Maybe, maybe not" his uncle explained with a sigh "we have to wait and see."
Rei focused his eyes on his friend Again, both unable to do anything.
Sorry, Rei-chan...