Peter Parker || Heart and Soul

Summary: It was an ordinary day... until the snap. Takes place during the events of Avengers: Infinity War.

Word Count: 537

You smiled at the scene around you. You were at the reception of your cousin's wedding. Round wooden tables littered a beautiful green field, and there were flower decorations everywhere. Distant family members and people you had never met were chatting, and there was a crowd of people around the newlyweds, who were holding hands.

You wished you were holding Peter's hand right now. The two of you weren't dating, but you'd had a huge crush on your best friend for quite some time now.

Right now, Peter was on a field trip with his science class, which you unfortunately had to miss because of the wedding. You hoped Peter was having fun.

A scream interrupted your daydreaming. You turned to see what the commotion was, and saw one of the wedding guests crumble into dust and blow away in the wind. As you looked around the crowd, other guests turned to dust as well. Everyone was panicking and holding each other close. What in the universe was happening?

You craned your neck to search for your parents, but you couldn't see them anywhere. Your heart started racing faster. Where they okay? What would you do without them?

You suddenly spotted them at the edge of the crowd, and sighed in relief. You ran towards them, and on your way, you passed the bride and groom. Out of the corner of your eye you saw the groom begin to crumble as tears streamed down the brides face and she clutched the now empty air.

You had almost reached your parents when you happened to glance down at your hand and notice it was missing. You froze in your tracks and watched as the rest of you began to fade away too. You closed your eyes and thought about nothing but your parents and Peter. Everything disappeared.

~~~~~

Peter suddenly found himself in a world of orange. He glanced left and right and saw other people in the distance.

"Peter?"

He turned and saw you. It was like you had materialized right before his eyes, an angel dressed in a beautiful, floor-length gown.

"Y/N?" He asked, and you smiled in response. While he was happy to see you, he couldn't bring himself to smile back. It's not like you were actually there. It was all in his imagination.

"Is this heaven?" he asked.

"I don't know," you replied. "Peter, what just happened? I was at my cousin's wedding and people started turning into dust. And then I turned into dust." You began to tear up.

The beautiful illusion was broken by the sadness on your face. That's when Peter realized that you were actually there; it wasn't just his imagination bringing the person he loved to life, but she was actually there, for real, in this strange place with him.

The thought comforted him, and he launched himself at you, wrapping you in his arms. You leaned in to him, and he could feel your tears on his neck. He held you even tighter, and your arms latched around him seemed to strengthen him.

He pulled slightly away and gazed into your beautiful eyes. You stared back at his. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear, and leaned in. His lips met yours.

~~~~~

Time had stopped. It was like everything in the world had fallen into place, yet everything had also fallen apart.

You and Peter finally broke out of the kiss, and for a moment, you just stared into each others' eyes. Peter was the first one to break the silence.

"I love you, Y/N." He smiled down at you. "I was so worried that I'd never get the chance to tell you, but now you're here too."

"I love you too, Peter," you said as you leaned into his chest. "I don't know where in the universe we are, but I'm glad we're here together. How did this even happen?"

Peter sighed. "It was Thanos." When you looked up at him with a confused frown, he explained everything to you, starting with the field trip and ending with him turning into dust. It was a lot to take in.

"Now what?" you asked.

"We find the other superheroes. Some of them are around here somewhere." He grabbed your hand and began leading you through the orange void. As you walked, he interlaced his fingers with yours. You smiled, thinking that just a few minutes ago you had been hoping for this very thing to happen.

One second, you were on earth, and the next, you were in a strange new world with the boy you'd give your heart and soul to.