0:4

Cobalt

0:4

-

        We reach the bonfire point in no time, due to my speedy and illegal driving. I glance in the rear-view mirror and grin.

        As we got in the car, Dallas wanted to sit shotgun, but instead, I forced him to sit with his girl in the backseat of his truck. It grinded his gears like crazy, which was hilarious. Seeing her trying to canoodle with him, and him not having any of it made me burst into a fit of giggles.

         It wouldn't be a surprise if he were to snap at any second. I mean, I would've told her to get a clue back at the mall. He's glancing out of the window and she's resting her head on his shoulder, sleeping. I turn my head towards him, nearly gawking at how sharp his jawbone is — I swear, it could cut through ice.

        "Alright you two lovebirds," I say, breaking Dallas from his trance. Before I can finish my sentence, he opens the truck door and hops out. Doing this results in his Sleeping Beauty to slump on her side as she's lost her fluffy little pillow. Roughly, he slams the door, and the truck shakes as the aftermath of the shove.

        Dallas begins to walk towards the group, but I grab his arm before he runs away. "Hey," I whisper harshly.

        "What?" He hisses in an angry tone, his jaw still locked.

        "Listen here, I'm not responsible for this girl, you are. So if she ends up piss-drunk like chicky over there," I say pointing to Callista Johannason. The girl always trails along with us, and she's a worse pain in the ass than Halli. After a few drinks of beer, she's tipsy like none other, and I'm always the one stuck bringing her home due to the goodness of my heart. "You're the one who's gonna take her home."

        He scowls and walks away towards the fire without a word.

        A part of me wants to grab his arm once again and yell at him for treating me like that. And usually, I would. On the other hand, I've never seen Dallas so pissed before, and I know what he's capable of, so I just leave him in his piss-poor mood. He'll probably drink it off anyway.

        I trail behind Dallas, and make my way towards the 'bonfire'. I have a tough time believing this is a party, as all it is is four kids sitting on a log, passing a joint in front of an unlit firepit.

        The first teen I notice is Ryan Ryder, Dallas' brother. He's nothing like his brother, except for the player aspect. Ryan's still pretty bad, but he's got things going for him. The football team would be nothing without him and his best friend, Darian. 

        Jade Perren, my used-to-be-best-friend, is sitting on his lap and sipping her cooler. The girl is absolutely gorgeous. The stereotypical rebel look perfectly describes her, and she works it. Today, her long jet black hair's curled in messy ringlets and her baby blue eyes, outlined in swift eyeliner. She wore black leggings that seem painted on her body, which helped accent assets.

         I miss calling her my best friend. She was good to me, introduced me to new things, new people. But I don't regret cutting ties with her. Without her, I'd probably be locked in my room, writing in a diary. Or worse, dead.

        While I was dealing with the aftermath of the death, Jade's the only person who realized I wasn't as bright and bubbly as I used to be. Slowly, we began to be friends, then we morphed into best friends, who did everything together. A month after being friends, she introduced me to cigarettes, which became our special thing to do while we were stressed. But then, she started smoking more than just cigarettes. That's when I stepped out of the friendship.