Chapter 10 - Fuchsia and chrysanthemum

The bright ringing of the little bell resounded through the shop, announcing a new customer. The sun was shining, making the day as beautiful as it could be. The smell of flowers and gardening mud hung in the air, and Jongdae had been taking care of a new flower he had got for himself. Upon hearing someone enter, the brunet got up, and as usual, a wide smile displayed on his face.

«Hi, and welcome to our lovely flower shop!» he beamed, walking up to the front. «Oh, it's you! Nice to see you again. Felix, am I right?» He recognized one of the two boys standing in the entrance. 

«Yeah!» the boy replied, showing a toothy grin. «This is Changbin, my friend.» He nudged the dark-haired boy standing next to him in the side.

«Hi,» the boy called Changbin just said, giving Jongdae a shy smile.

«Is he the boy you got the flowers for?» the older asked curiously, walking over to the counter with the two boys trailing behind. 

Felix blushed slightly at the question, scratching his neck nervously. «Yes, he is,» he admitted sheepishly. The other boy laughed quietly, letting his gaze wander over to the shelves with the flowers.

Jongdae cooed at the sight, the to boys made him feel all uwu. «You two are so cute, I can't—» The poor boys didn't know where to look, noticeably embarrassed. «But anyway, what do you need today?» 

Felix started stuttering around, seemingly lost and very nervous, until Changbin interrupted him by swatting a hand over the boy's mouth. «We're kind of on a date,» he explained with a little sigh. «And he wanted to buy me something sweet and dragged me in here, that's why we're here. But we can also leave—»

He was interrupted by Jongdae who let out a high-pitched squeal. «Oh my god, no, don't leave!» he exclaimed, grinning widely from on ear to the other. «Wait for a second, admire the flowers and kiss or something, I'll be right back.» The brunet turned around to race to the back, knowing exactly what he'll get the two cute boys. After rummaging around in the storage room, he found what he had been looking for. Storming back to the front of the shop he presented the two items to the awkwardly waiting boys. Jongdae noticed how close they were standing to each other, yet not close enough that the would touch each other. So cute.

«Here!» he gave each boy a colourful flower crown he had just made the day before. They were made of various dried flowers, sprayed over with blue and white. «You can have them for free if I get to take a picture of you two wearing them,» he said, a mischievous grin on his face. 

Felix was staring in awe at the flower crown, turning it around in his hands. «Did you make them?» he asked Jongdae with shining eyes. Changbin, on the other hand, didn't really know what to do with the thing in his hand. He had to admit that it was very pretty, but he seemed unsure whether he really wanted it on top of his head. Jongdae nodded at Felix question, explaining how the dried flowers would last longer with the paint sprayed on, making them a unique gift. Not really interested in their conversation, Changbin decided to take action and placed his flower crown on top of Felix' blond hair. He stared at his work, undoubtedly pleased. 

«Cute,» he muttered, not able to bite back the smile creeping up his face. 

Jongdae enjoyed the scene playing out before him excitedly. This was better than any K-Drama he'd ever watched. Clasping his hands together he continued to grin stupidly at the adorable couple. 

Just then the door opened and the bell rung anew. Jongdae looked up, only to be greeted by an unexpected but heart-stopping view. Minseok had just entered, looking absolutely stunning. He wore a black leather jacket over a tight white shirt, combined with dark blue pants. But the most fascinating part was his hair: they were now dyed pastel pink, styled up and making him look hotter than ever. He spotted his boyfriend standing with the two boys, strolling over to them.