Paper Airplanes

Her wide, ocean blue eyes watched as a paper airplane flew around the charms classroom, distracting her temporarily from her work. Skylar Harrison watched as the airplane soared lower and lower until it hit Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes and a loud chorus of laughter came from the other side of the room.

Turning to her left she saw, as she knew she would, Fred and George Weasley laughing loudly. Fred and George Weasley were twins, a pair of notorious troublemakers. Both were tall, both rather muscular as they were both Beaters. Their eyes were a soft brown that seemed to sparkle in an intriguing sort of way. Their hair was bright red that hung messily across their foreheads and they always seemed to have the air of being up to something, mischievous. They were impossible to tell apart, even their freckles were identical. Though over the seven years Skylar had known Fred and George she had realised only very little differences between them, a) George had a small scar above his lip, b) Fred was more daring, though not by much, c) George was better at Herbology d) Fred was better at Transfiguration e) (though this may not even be true) apparently, as Fred insisted, Fred had a tattoo of a Chimaera on his back.

Skylar had to reframe from rolling her eyes at the twins as she returned to her work. Skylar, with her long brown, naturally thick and messy curls, eyes as blue as the deepest ocean and freckles splashed across her nose, was the type of student who could do no wrong. Many of her fellow classmates always asked why she wasn't in Ravenclaw; she was top in every class and Skylar herself did question it. She was a Gryffindor, though she had no idea why she had been placed there, she had not done anything remotely chivalrous in her life, unless you could count avoiding deception as being chivalrous. If the sorting hat had placed her in Ravenclaw she doubted that she would have got along with any of them. The seventh year Ravenclaws were undoubtedly cold to her, but maybe that was because she had more Outstanding's in her O.W.L.s than any other Ravenclaw.

Charms, was one of Skylar's favourite classes. She sat with her two best friends, Alicia Spinnet and Angelina Johnson at the very front of the class. Today, they were practising Cleaning Charms and Alicia seemed to be having rather a lot of fun in tipping over the waste paper basket and waiting for Angelina or Skylar to clean it up with a flick of their wands.

"Fred and George are annoying Flitwick again I see," said Angelina, casting a look over to where the Weasley twins were now being given their third detention of the day.

"They already have three detentions and it is no even first break yet," said Skylar. "A detention with Snape for turning Malfoy's hair pink, a detention from Umbridge for transfiguring her bow into maggots and now one from Flitwick for hitting him with a paper airplane, I honestly can't fathom how they have time to serve all those detentions and make those sweets they sell in the common room!"

"Yeah," said Angelina, frowning. "And somehow they still have time for Quidditch training as well,"

"How is Quidditch practise coming along?" Skylar asked, turning her attention back to mess on the floor made by the paper waste basket and flicking her wand so that the mess immediately jumped back into the bin. "Is their brother Ron any good as a Keeper?"

"Well..." Alicia began, tipping the basket over again. "He is good when he's on form but-"

"-he has a really big problem with nerves," cut in Angelina. "Honestly, I would think that you would be better on a broom!"

"I've never flown one before," muttered Skylar, embarrassed.

This was another thing about Skylar, for want of a better word, she was a good girl and there was no other way to describe her. She had never done anything wrong in her entire life, she had never gotten into trouble (unless you could count the time that she had broken her young brother's toy plane out of pure jealously and her father had sent her to her room for twenty minutes), she never handed in her homework late, never lost her temper, never drunk even a sip of Firewhiskey, never got less than anything an Exceeds Expectations on an exam, and, although she would not admit it to anybody but Alicia and Angelina, she had never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy.