The Torments of Draco Malfoy

AN: I am really sorry for the lack of updates on my this story since I began A Levels. I have never, not even for a moment, thought about not updating or quitting this story because it is, honestly, one of my favourite stories to write. But I am beyond excited to be back to writing Skylar's story.

If you read my other story, Vulnerability, you may be aware of my New Years Resolution. Now, as I said in the latest chapter of Vulnerability, I am usually not one for New Years Resolutions, but I promise to try as hard as I possibly can to update at least once every two weeks (at a minimum), though I can't make any promises because who knows how busy I will be at Sixth Form in the next few weeks.

A huge thanks to all of your continuous support, the reads, votes and comments. I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you all an equally amazing 2015.

"Wow," were the first words that slipped from Skylar's mouth as she, alongside Fred and George, entered the Come and Go Room for their first meeting with the 'study' group.

It was a rather spacious room; flickering torches lined the walls, reminding Skylar not so fondly of her Potions lessons in the dungeons with the cold and malicious Potions Master. There were a vast number of wooden bookcases, fit to bursting with old spell books (that Skylar didn't doubt were crammed with useful defensive spells especially for their lessons), large silk cushions situated on the floor, where several students were already seated. Skylar saw, at the very back of the room on several shelves, groaning under the weight various instruments such as a Foe-Glass (though it looked rather cracked), Sneakoscopes and Secrecy Sensors.

Fred and George were looking around, frowning slightly, before they pulled Skylar on a silk cushion between them. She scowled at the pair of them before she let out a huff, feeling rather defeated, and looked around at Harry, who was looking incredibly apprehensive and nervous.

"Well," Harry began, "This is the place we've found for practice sessions, and you've – er – obviously found it okay."

"It's fantastic!" exclaimed Ravenclaw's seeker, Cho Chang. Skylar couldn't help but agree, her eyes were constantly moving towards the wooden bookcase, her mind racing at the thought of all those books that looked as though they had never been touched.

"It's bizarre," Fred muttered, his frown growing deeper. "We once hid from Filch in here, remember, George? But it was just a broom cupboard then."

"My father always told me the Room of Requirement was just some sort of myth," Skylar said in a whisper as Harry explained to Dean about the Sneakoscopes and the Foe-Glass at the back of the room.

"Well now you know something that your father doesn't!" George beamed, nudging his knee against hers.

"Well, I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and – er – What, Hermione?"

Skylar had never been in a class with Hermione Granger but she didn't doubt that the bushy haired fifth year often raised her hand during her lessons, whether it to be ask a question or answer a question.

"I think we ought to elect a leader," she prompted.

"Harry's leader," said Cho immediately, shooting Hermione an incredulous glance.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly. It makes it formal and it gives him authority. So – everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?"

Fred and George's hand were the first to shoot into the air, Skylar's following seconds afterwards. The entirety of the group had raised their hands. Zacharias Smith's hand was even in the air, though he didn't look too happy at the prospect of Harry Potter having any sort of 'authority' over him.