Chapter 3: Doomsday Part 2

Chapter 3

Amongst normal humans, only 1 in a few million are able to withstand the stress of a brain drone, the other few million have their brains overheat and die. Of course, these statistics do not include modified organisms.

A scream was heard as right before the eyes of the other guards, a man was lifted up, and had his head torn off by an invisible force. The voice continued to talk.

“Hey look, I took this job because I wanted something that would test me! Mind if you try just a little bit harder?”

Again, another scream was heard, and another guard was lifted into the air struggling. The others, though, were now much more ready, and started shooting at the floating body disregarding the fact that he was their comrade. The body was vaporized almost immediately, but the fact that nothing else was disintegrated meant the infiltrator was still alive.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about! But just to make it more fair, and since I have time to kill, I’ll reveal myself.”

The figure disabled his camouflage suit right in the center of the guards. They reacted at lighting speed, and started shooting immediately as a few of the others ran off to try and get reinforcements. The infiltrator had other plans though, slipping through the hailstorm of energy blasts and bullets, he shot the men as they attempted to get help. With that task done, he had one last thing to do, give the remaining guards a one way ticket to Hades, and escape. It was time to show why he was tasked with such a dangerous mission.

The figure then activated a small timer indicating four minutes, and in a display of enormous mastery over his equipment, he flew, and killed. Two attempted to flank him, a stab and a shot was all it took, thirteen tried to group up on him, their chances of success was as empty as the vacuum created by his first vacuum grenade. After butchering and vaporizing another eight entire squads, he took a look at the timer, two minutes and thirteen seconds remaining until he had to leave before the bomb went off. And now, there were only a few people left to deal with, thirteen guards. He noticed that surprisingly, one of the guards actually survived the first kill spree, despite the fact that he was one of the people he aimed at. He pointed at him and spoke.

“You, I’m surprised you survived, are you the leader or something?”

“What if I am?”

“Then your death might give me something interesting!”

The leader laughed, then he flashed and slashed the figure from behind, while shooting slow moving bullets in sections around to prevent easy escape. The figure smiled, this man really was a pro, this might actually be interesting. He deftly swung his sword to meet the slash and used levitation to swing a live guard’s body behind him as a shield against the bullets that switched trajectory. The body, unfortunately wasn’t hard enough and in the split millisecond that the bullet crushed the first layer of the armor, the figure dodged aside while parrying another flurry of stabs and slashes. He then threw his pistol at the leader, who dodged in surprise and reflexively slashed again. But this time though, the figure had something else planned, he had taken out one of his vacuum grenades, and left it there for the leader to cut.

Game over.

He looked back to watch as the explosion stripped the man of his armor, and then the vacuum unleashed its blood boiling effect. After the vacuum ended, the man was, surprisingly, still breathing, though it was hard to tell if it was breathing, or if it was simply a bit of the blood covering his face bubbling.

The stench of blood started to permeate the air now, and after quickly dispatching the other thirteen guards, three of whom died in the short but intense battle, he hacked a teleporter, and disappeared.

Twelve seconds later, the EMP went off.

Forty-one seconds later, the entire planet’s power went off.

Fifty-six seconds later,  a pod crashed, and the first died.

Five minutes later, without weather control, and an atmosphere generator, half the officials died.

Ten minutes later, in a state of panic, 78 died, trampled by a mob attempting to reach the teleporters.

Eleven minutes later, 893 men and woman committed suicide.

One month later, the galaxy heard the news.

Two months later, anarchy reigned.

It was the beginning of a new era.