3. Blackberry Molasses

"I know I got to be strong, gotta hold on. Sometimes I'd rather give up instead. Seems like I'm better off dead." – Mista

It was a Saturday morning and the shop was filled. Breezey laughed as she put a perm in her client's hair because in the middle of the shop Yani, Bria, and AD were listening to Crack that Soulja Boy and doing the dance while Ty was recording them. AD was in the middle of Bria and Yani and although they were acting goofy, they were getting it.

Yani and Bria had been hyper all week because they were nearing their last week of high school. They were scheduled to take finals next week and graduation was in a week and a half. Their prom was last night and they hadn't been sleep yet.

"Turn that mess down!" Shay yelled coming from her office. A few of their customers cheered as the three stopped dancing and put it back on the radio.

"We're putting this on Myspace." Yani said causing Bria to laugh. "How it look?" She asked Ty taking her new Upstage back from him.

"It's straight." He said with a smirk as he looked at Breezey. "You want to line me up?" He asked and she smirked.

"I might."

It had been a couple months since Ty had been there and he had won the affection of all the girls. They liked him because he was laid back, although they had seen his crazy side which was nothing nice. That only showed that he could hold his own. He was a big sweetheart though; he even took Yani to her prom. Bria went with Corey, of course. Breezey thought Yani was feeling him, but knew she would never try anything. Especially with Chris all up in Yani's business all day everyday.

"I don't think I want to go to Six Flags anymore," Bria said leaning against the wall. "I'm tired as hell."

"I didn't even plan on going period," Yani said and they both laughed.

"Don't be lying around here taking up space, go lay down in the back," Shay said. Yani and Bria walked back into the room just as Davon was walking out.

"B, you hungry?" He asked walking up on Breezey. She turned her head to the side just as he licked his lips.

"No, I'm fine." She said as she went over the perm to make sure it was in good. Davon leaned closer to her.

"Have you eaten today?" He whispered and Breezey nodded. She decided to be nice since all her man was doing was looking out for her. She still felt a little disappointed in herself though. She knew how much Davon wanted a son.

"I ate some chicken earlier." Breezey said honestly as Davon planted a quick kiss on her neck.

"I'm about to dip, call me when you ready for me to come scoop you," He said.

"Okay." Breezey said turning to kiss Davon on his lips. Breezey eyed her man as he smoothly walked out of the shop. There was no doubt she was stuck on him and she dared a female to test her. Breezey wasn't the type to fall easily, so when she found something to trip over she made sure no other chick did.

Tyron watched Yani as she rearranged things in the back room.

"What are you doing shorty?" He asked looking at her crazy. She looked up at him before stopping.

"It's a habit" she said sitting down next to him.

"Care to explain?"

"Part of anger management, when I feel my temper rising they told me to keep busy." Yani said which caused Ty to frown.

"What you upset for?"

"Stupid memories," Yani mumbled as she re-stacked the magazines that sat on top of the coffee table in front of the large couch.