↪ Here to Wipe Your Tears | Kylo Ren

{Prompt; http://otpprompts.tumblr.com/post/142340516123/person-a-is-crying-person-b-moves-as-hair-away}

kylo ren x stormtrooper!reader

edited: 17/11/2019

You were FN-2355, a sanitation Stormtrooper who cleaned the floors and polished the equipment. Occasionally you would run errands for Captain Phasma, and whenever the training sessions began you were there, training alongside your fellow Stormtroopers to be better, to be good fighters for the First Order.

You breathed and you moved the First Order - and occasionally daydreamed about how living another way of life would be like - but when you stopped to think about it, you never quite lived. You were alive, oh yes, and for that you were grateful.

So many Stormtroopers didn't even get that; instead, they died without ever really knowing why. Just that they should be 'appreciative' for they were dying for a 'just cause', a 'greater good'. But never once did they get acknowledged, all falling under the same group - the forgotten, the unimportant.

Just another death.

And if you were honest with yourself, you didn't want that. You didn't want to become just 'another one'. You didn't want to fight this war. But your fear of the First Order, of the power they held, was much stronger than your fear of fighting.

So, as any sane person would, you kept your mouth shut and carried on with what was expected of you; you mopped and cleaned and trained and thought nothing because even your own mind wasn't private.

You gripped the long handle of the mop and dipped it into the bucket, watching as the water rose to the edge and felt like you were drowning too.

~~~~

It didn't take too long to finish Section B, thank goodness. Of course, that also meant you had no other choice but to report back to Captain Phasma for more orders. You thought about staying behind to wait for the usual time you leave to arrive, but then, you remembered someone was bound to come walking through these halls. If they saw you just standing about, you knew you'd be in serious trouble. Captain Phasma would punish you and you didn't want that.

So, with your supplies in hand, you resigned yourself to more orders and just hoped they weren't terribly hard. You didn't mind cleaning if it kept you alive. Obviously, it did not stop you from daydreaming; you hadn't come across anybody yet, so you'd take the opportunity while it was there. You still kept one eye open for anybody, just in case, but otherwise, your mind was occupied with thoughts of another life.

A life where you didn't have to fear every corner, where you could daydream to your heart's content, where the silence wasn't interrupted by someone screaming- wait, what?

You froze and listened, and when you were certain of what you were hearing, you felt your grip on the broom tighten into a white-knuckle death grip. You turned a little to get a better hearing of the scream, and yes, right there, was Kylo Ren himself, screaming his throat hoarse.

The agonising scream must have been painful on his throat, you thought but winced at the sound of equipment breaking against a wall. Still nowhere near as painful as your death will be if you continue to stay.

You were ready to turn around and walk off. After all, what could you do? A lowly Stormtrooper? It was probably just best to leave and forget this ever happened, better for his dignity and certainly better for your continued existence (which will not be a thing if you continue to stay.) You knew exactly what happened to those that intervened; they ended up missing, killed even, and you didn't want that, funnily enough.