21) Truth Comes Out

"That's... That's my father." Jihyo hesitated to speak.
Everyone stared at her in shock.
"Park Jin-Young is your dad?" The leader asked.
Jihyo slowly nodded and took the photo.
"Park... Park... I swear I heard that name before." Jisoo spoke.
"There are a lot of names with Park." Mina tried to protect Jihyo.

Jihyo kept looking at the photo and remembered a memory that was precious to her.
Flashback

13 years ago

"Jisoo!" Jihyo's father called her.
"Daddy!" She hugged him as he went inside.
"You're back." Jihyo kept hugging him, he was at a tropical island to explore and research on new species. Jihyo hasn't seen him for months.
"Let's go out and eat." Jihyo pulled his arm trying to get him to move.

"I can't Jisoo." He spoke.
Jihyo stopped pulling and looked at him, "Why?"
"I'm going back to work, I'm only here to visit."
Jihyo started to cry and her father hugged her tightly to comfort her.
"Here." He grabbed something from his pocket which he put around her neck.
"This a necklace that unlocks something great, keep it with you all the time, I love you." He gave her a kiss.

Flashback end

Jihyo looked at her necklace that her father gave her and held it tight.
"Did your father tell you about this island?" Sana asked.
"No, he never talked about his work, it was always private."
"Your father did great things and made a better life for us." The leader smiled.
"We'll help you get off this island." He signalled one of his men to bring something.

After a few minutes of waiting, he brought back a battery and a Polaroid camera.
"A battery!" Jisoo exclaimed.
"A battery for what?" Momo asked.
"For the radio that we have."
"That means we can contact someone." Mina said.
The girls were excited and hugged each other, except for one person.
"Umm... guys." Everyone turned and looked at Chaeyoung who was holding the camera.
"What is it?" Nayeon asked.
Chaeyoung held up a picture with two girls and in between them was an artefact.

Suddenly Jihyo recognised who it was. Jisoo took the photo from Chaeyoung and examined it carefully.
"No wonder you look familiar." Jisoo spoke, recalling her memories.
Everyone looked confused but Mina and Jihyo knew.
"You're Park Jisoo." She pointed at Jihyo.
The others were dumbfounded when they heard that.
"What do you mean?" Jeongyeon asked.
Jisoo ignored her and continued talking to her.
"That's why you looked so familiar, you were my best friend and my partner."

Everyone went silent and looked at Jihyo.
"Is this true, Jihyo?" Momo questioned.
"Yes, me and Jisoo were friends after an incident we never got back in contact." Jihyo explained.
"Is that why you were quiet when you first met?" Tzuyu asked.
Jihyo nodded her head silently.
"You knew from the start?" Jeongyeon asked almost angrily.
Jihyo nodded again.

Nayeon let out sigh and walked out of the tent, followed by the other girls who looked at Jihyo in disapproval. All but one, Mina stayed loyal to her since she was the only who knew her secret.
Jihyo just broke their promise, she felt so ashamed with herself and began to cry. Her hands in her face, she felt a hug behind her.

Nayeon stood and leant against a tree, she felt betrayed that her friend broke her promise. The other girls went up to her to see if she's okay.
"Nayeon, are you okay?" Jeongyeon asked.
She didn't respond and kept staring at the river flowing gently down.
"I can't believe she didn't tell us." Sana spoke, shaking her head at the thought.
"She broke our trust." Nayeon finally spoke.
"It must be hard to say the truth though." Chaeyoung said.
"How do you know Jihyo?" Tzuyu asked Jisoo who was still looking at the photo.

"Come with me." The leader took Mina and Jihyo near the river, just near enough they could see the other girls. Jihyo stared at them, feeling heart broken and sad.
"Don't be disheartened, you guys will get back together." He smiled.
Jihyo tried to smile back, but only showed a fake smile.
"Why did you take us here?" Mina asked.
"You need our help to get off this island, but first you need to help us on the village." He explained.
"What kind of help?" Mina kept asking.
"Fishing, teaching, farming, all sort of things, plus it may get their relationship back together." He whispered and pointed at Jihyo who was still staring at the other girls.