25) The Volcano

It was already the next day since they've waited for the others and noticed they haven't come back.
The girls decided to go back to the tree house, which they call Momo's, Dahyun's and Jisoo's name.
"Momo, Dahyun, Jisoo!" Jeongyeon shouted.
There was no answer, they kept calling their names.
"Where are they?" Chaeyoung questioned.
They decided to go up and check, first it was Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo.
As they got to the top of the tree they noticed that no one was inside, only the radio was making the white noise.
The other girls came up.
"Found anyone?" Sana asked.
"No." Nayeon replied.

Suddenly the makeshift elevator was moving, they looked down and they saw Momo and Dahyun inside.
"Guys, there you are." Dahyun said out of breath.
"Where were you and where's Jisoo?" Mina asked.
"We were just going to you guys then we saw you go up the tree, and I thought Jisoo was behind us." Momo explained.
"Did you see where she went?" Sana catechised her.
"When we thought she was behind us, she was gone." Dahyun said.
"You don't think she—." Nayeon stopped mid sentence when the ground shook.
They heard a loud rumble from behind them; it was the volcano.

Smoke filled the air and ashes began to fall from the sky.
"Jisoo couldn't have..." Mina shook her head.
"Why are you guys talking about Jisoo?" Dahyun asked.
"We'll tell you later—." As Jeongyeon spoke Jisoo appeared. She was out of breath and was about to tell them something.
"Where were you?!" Jihyo demanded an answer.
"Help is here!" She pointed at the sky where there was a small black object flying over the sea.

Out of nowhere the radio started working again, hearing the same two voice that the three girls heard.
"Is anyone there?!"
Dahyun rushed over to the radio and responded.
"This is Kim Dahyun, we're stuck on the island with a volcano that's about to erupt."
"Island... volcano... this is the place... we're going to pick you up, send us a signal." As the guy said.
"How are we going to signal them?" Momo asked.
Jisoo went to her duffel bag that was under her hammock and grabbed a flare gun.
"You have a flare gun?" Chaeyoung said confused.
"And you haven't?"

They were back on the ground, they ran to the beach but one stayed.
"Jihyo let's go!" Nayeon shouted.
"I've got to help the village, I'll see you guys." She started to run the opposite way. The other girls called for her, but she would come back.
They went to the beach and saw that a rescue helicopter was coming towards them, Jisoo fired the flare gun into the air causing a bright red light and red smoke.
The helicopter began to descend down, but they were not ready to leave, yet.

Jihyo reached the village and already the houses were destroyed, burnt down, crushed by falling rocks.
The villagers were running to the river which they had their own made boats. Jihyo helped them to get on, but she couldn't help to think that the leader was no where to be seen.
"Jihyo!" A voice cried out.
"The leader is trapped!" As one of the villagers came to her and pointed to the leader's house which was on fire.
"Get on the boat, I'll find him." Jihyo instructed.
She went inside and it was filled with smoke, she held her breath. Inside was the leader trapped in some wood and badly hurt his foot.
"Jihyo, you should've left, why are you here?"
"Stop talking, I'll try to get you out." Jihyo used all of her strength and tried to lift of the wood off of him, but it was too heavy for her to lift.
"You can't do it by yourself." A familiar voice spoke.
"Jisoo?"
Jisoo smiled came to help her.
"Let's lift together."
They counted together and lifted up the wood off of him, setting him free. They escaped the house which was near to collapse.
"Where should we go now?" Jisoo asked.
"There." Jihyo pointed.

"We must go!" As the worker said.
"We're still waiting for two more people." Tzuyu spoke.
The ground began to shake again, they could see lava pour out of the volcano.
"We must leave before the lava gets to us." The other worker said.
"We can't leave the others, please." Mina pleaded.
Rocks started to fall from the sky and almost hit them.
"I'm sorry but it's too dangerous." They began to ascend.
"You can't do this, we have to go back." Jeongyeon begged.
"It's too dangerous, we have to get you guys to safety—." But before he could finish, the volcano exploded scattering lava and rocks everywhere, almost everything was covered in ash. The smoke was too dark, they couldn't see anything.

"Jihyo... Jisoo." Nayeon whispered, they huddled together, knowing that their friends will be okay. Each one of them started to cry, even Tzuyu.
A small horn could be heard, and another and another, it kept going.
Dahyun opened the door and searched where the horn was, she was met with three friendly faces that was waving at her. They were on a wooden boat and the rest of the villagers were in other boats as well.
"Jihyo... Jisoo!" She called out.
"Who are you talking to?" Sana asked.
"Leave her, she's just hallucinating, give her sometime." Chaeyoung said.
"Guys look, it's actually them." Dahyun pointed.
"It's okay to feel this way, you just need time." Momo hugged her.
Mina looked where Dahyun was looking and she was also met with three faces.
"Dahyun is telling the truth, they are really there."
"Not you too." Chaeyoung stroked her hair.
Mina rolled her eyes and demanded everyone to look.
"It's... actually them." Nayeon smiled.
"It's it them!" Jeongyeon cheered.
"It is?!" Both of the workers said in unison.
"We need emergency rescue boats, a lot of boats." As they looked down at the group of people.