Chapter Ten. Bow and Arrows

I sat up and got dressed. I pulled out a pair of dark jeans and my favorite camo top. I pulled black combat boots over my feet and ran out of my door. I ran as fast as i could to where Coulson was. He would help me find him.

Thor never left me with out telling me where he was going, since what has been going on with the Hydra agents.  As I neared Coulson's office I noticed his door was open. I flew by the door and gave a small knock before i entered.  Agent Coulson looked up from his computer, seeing the worried look on my face he closed the laptop and came to stand by me.  He pulled his arm around my chair and led me to one of the chairs infront of his desk. He turned around and closed the door before speaking up. 

"Are you alright Miss?" he asked while watching me stair at my shoes. I shook my head as he continued, "What's bothering you?"

"Ummmm, I have a question of my own if i could ask it?" i asked quietly looking up to Coulson. He nodded for me to continue, "Umm, d-do you know where Thor went?" i asked.

"Yes i do, there was trouble on Asguard and he needed to go back as soon as he could. He nade Clint promise to protect you and he brought up teaching you to shoot a bow, if you want." a small smile made my way onto my face.

"Ok do you know where Clint is?" i asked getting excited for the rest of the day.

"Yes he his down in the training room, i suspect waiting for you to come down."

"Thank you!" i said as i got up and left his office. I ran back to my roon to pull my hair up into a ponytail. I took out my gun and slid it into the houlster around my thigh.  I made my way to the elevator that would take me to the training room. I pressed the button and felt it jerk to 'life'.  When the doors opened I saw Clint standing by the archery targets.

He was holdng his signature bow and already had an arrow strung. I was as silent as i could be so i wouldnt bother him.  I was watching the arrow and missed it move when I heard the small thump it made as it hit the target. Just for my luck i ran into on of the only tables in the room and knocked over a bunch of his arrows. They fell with a thud to the ground.  I looked up th see Clint was looking at me with an amused expression.

"Oh my god, i am so sorry." i exclaimed. I bent over and started to pick up all the arrows.  I was soon helped by a laughting Clint.  As i finished picking them all up I looked back to Clint who was back at the target boards.  He has three arrows in the bullseye at the head and chest. I walked up behind him as he loaded another. He stood with great posture and as he pulled back I watched the muscles in his arms tence. He let the arrow fly and it hit center, again.

"Wow, i've never seen you shoot." as i said that i noticed that it was true. I've been with SHIELD for most of my life and I have never seen Clint shoot. "Can you teach me?" i asked suddenly.

"Yeah! Go grab a bow from the shelf over there." He said and pointed to the large shelf with a dozen different bows on it.

I got confused on which to pick so i called out to Clint, "Which one do i take?" I heard him sigh as his foot steps grew louder. He came behind me and pulled on of the simplest off the shelf.  He heald it out to me and as I took it her walked back over to the targets.  He waved his hand for me to follow.  I walked over to him and stood infront of him. He pulled my arms up and showed me how to position the arrow.

I pull back ready to shoot when a voice scares me. "CLINT!" i look over my shoulder to find Fury standing in the door way to th elevator. He slowly walks over to him and I turn back to the targets and pull the bow strin back. I exhale and let go of the string. I hear a faint thud aas the arrow hit the target.  Only a few centimetres off from the center.

"Wow, you sure you havent shot one before?" Clint asked from behind me.

"Nope never." i said, "What did Fury want?"

He looked down at the floor and handed me another arrow. I took it and loaded the bow, waiting for him to explain. I pulled back the arrow as the target began to move, "What the-" i started as Clint interupted.

"Shoot." I aimed and let the arrow fly. I heard the small thud and looked over to the target. Bullseye. "Oh wow. I've never seen anyone shoot that good but me." he said with a big smile on his face.

"What did Fury want?" i asked again.

"He told me there was a mission I would have to prepair for. I told him that I promised Thor to keep you safe." I looked up to him and loaded another arrow. Determined to hit the center again. We did this all say, eventualy he set a small apple in the farthest corner for me to hit. I did in two tries. He showed me he could in one try without looking.

"Show off" i muttered when it hit. He laughed and said it was time to go up and get some food. I followed him up to the dining hall and found all the Avengers sitting around the table, all but Thor. My mood slightly dimmed but was brought back up during dinner. Within the first ten minuites of sitting down we were laughing and eating. That was one of the best nights i have ever had until the windows shattered and men in black suits came in.