the party.

I was going to the party.

Actually, I wasn't going to. But I really felt as if I needed to be sociable in this town if I am going to be here this summer and when I visit from college next year.

So I put on a dress I bought today. It was kind of simple. It was a black two-piece, the top being a spaghetti-strapped princess cut crop top, and the bottom was a skater style skirt that went mid-thigh. I decided to curl my hair with loose curls and apply a Jaclyn Hill inspired smoky eye.

Since I was yet to get a car here, I decided to walk. After getting the address I realized he lived maybe a two-minute walk away. I slipped on some red wedges and walks out the door.

I got down my driveway when I noticed Alec outside with someone...oh my gosh! Molly! She has to be 12-13 now! Without thinking, I walk up to them.

"Hey Alec. Hey Molly!" they both looked up at me simultaneously. Molly looks at me with a confused look, then I saw it hit her.

"Kendall!!! Oh. My. God." She runs to me and gives me a wide hug.

"Hey Molly bear, look at you! All grown up."

She smiled at me and pulled away. "I am so glad you are back home."

"Me too." I smiled back at her.

I noticed Alec being unenthusiastic compared to my first encounters with him. But I could tell he was staring at me as if he wanted to say something.

"Well, I gotta go. We will catch up soon, Molls." I replied and smiled down at her.

"Sounds awesome! But hey, where are you going all dressed up? You look stunning!"

"A party. Some guy I met this afternoon invited me."

Alec chuckled.

"What?" I asked him. Why would he chuckle at that? Isn't it normal for someone to go to a party?

"Nothing. It's just. Nothing."

"O---kay. Well... see you." I began to walk off as I hear Alec call after me.

"You are seriously walking to a party?"

"Um...yeah. I don't have my car yet and there is no way I am taking my mom's. That will just be a disaster."

He smiled a little. "I'm going too. Let's ride together."

"Sure. Beats walking." I responded.

I got in his car. He had a black Range Rover. Of course, he always dreamed of having one. He drove maybe a minute before I saw Jesse's house in my view.

"So, this is an American party."

"Yep. This is an American party."

I got out of his car and awkwardly began to walk away. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to wait around or not, he was being so unusually quiet. I felt someone grab my hand before I walk through the door.

Alec was looking up at me, "Listen, if you need me AT ALL tonight. Find me. You're new. Guys are going to be all over you. Plus...you kind of look amazing. No girl here really compares to you." He paused for a minute, and had a slight blush reaching his cheeks. "Anyways, just know I am here, Kenny."

I smiled at him. "You really are sweet, Alec. Thank you."

I walked inside and the smell of alcohol, cigarettes, and a little bit of weed hit me like a ton of bricks. All I could see around me were guys drinking out of red solo cups and girls dress in absolutely nothing flirting horribly.

I needed a drink.

I walked into a kitchen and found the drink station. I am pretty smart, I know not to take any of a bottle that is already open, so I decided to keep it simple with a bottle of Corona Lite.

"Kendall!" I turned around to see Jesse, who looks to be very, very drunk already.

"Hi Jesse."

"Don't you look absolutely stunning." He said as he pulled my arm a little so I was standing closer to him.

"Thank you." I smiled up at him. I didn't like the constant compliments from him, I find them strange.

"Corona, huh? Didn't really take you as a beer girl."

"Oh, I am not really. I just don't really trust open bottles."

"I got you, I have the hidden stuff. What do you want?" he smirked.

"Jack and a Coke?" I asked.

"Coming right up." He said.

I turned around taking in all the events around me while Jesse made my drink.

"Here ya go, cutie." He replied and handed me my drink along with a wink.

"Thanks," I said as I sipped it, noticing it tasting kind of odd, but I shrugged off to the coke being old or something.

"So... thanks for the drink, but I am going to head out there and see what all this fuss is about with American parties."

"Sure, yeah. I will see you around." He smirked. I have got to get away from him.

I walked into the area where almost everyone was either dancing, making out, or playing beer pong. I continued to sip my drink feeling more and more uneasy. Something wasn't right with it. I needed to get out of there. Honestly, I don't even know why I came. I don't know anyone. I just decided I was going to walk home. I don't want to bother Alec.

I began walking towards the door when a rough hand grabbed my waist.

"Where do you think you're going? I didn't fix you that special drink for you to run off." I turned to see Jesse towering over me. "C'mon... let me show you a few more American things."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs. I was too in shock to respond, and everyone around me seemed to ignore us as well. They were probably used to this. I felt myself going in and out with consciousness, but the main thing I was thinking at this moment was, "Where was Alec?"