Chapter Five - The Chosen One

Ginny Weasley blinked as she stirred into consciousness. She seemed to be in a light grey room and everything looked very sanitary.

"What the fuck?" Ginny muttered to herself.

She sat up in bed and took in her surroundings.

On a chair stationed in the corner sat...

Harry Potter.

"Ginny!" Harry said leaping out of his chair and over to hug her.

"Harry?" Said Ginny hugging him back with a bewildered look on her face.

This had to be a dream.

"What in Merlin's name?" Ginny said aloud.

Harry gave a huge sigh.

"Gin, there's something I need to tell you." He said.

"Whatever it is, first tell me, where's Blaise?" Ginny said. "And Hermione. And Draco. Are they okay? We were in a plane crash."

"The plane crash didn't happen Ginny." Harry replied.

"What the hell are you talking about? I was there! I went with it! And why the hell aren't you in Azkaban?!" Ginny said, confused.

Harry sighed again. "Gin, calm down. Everybody is fine. Please just relax so I can tell you what happened."

Ginny tried to lie back in her bed but she couldn't calm down yet. She needed to know where everyone was.

"Just tell me what you know." Ginny said suspiciously.

Harry took a deep breath and began. "The plane crash was a simulation. To see how well you all reacted in an emergency. It tested your physical strength, your mental abilities and the communication within a team in a dire situation. In actual fact, the plane is still intact, parked in a hanger at headquarters."

"But how-" Ginny interjected.

"The bottle of champagne you had was a potion designed to create illusions so that it would seem as if you had crashed. Really, all you guys did was land before the potion rendered you unconscious. Then, within your induced coma, you began to have delusions controlled by our team here at headquarters. Very realistic I might add."

"There it is again! Headquarters! What the hell are you talking about? Harry, last time I saw you, you were in a cell in Azkaban! Start from there, you're starting to make my head feel worse than it already is."

Harry perched himself on the end of Ginny's bed. "Ginny, I'm an agent for the I.W.I.A put deeply undercover since I joined them at the start of the year."

Ginny's jaw dropped. "What? So? Who knew? But how? I-"

Harry held up a hand. "It started on our very first night in the castle. I was sitting in me and Neville's dorm room in the lounge because I couldn't sleep and then out of nowhere this guy popped out of the fireplace. He attempted to recruit me and I accepted." Harry scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. "I realized how dangerous it would be to be an agent and have you in my life so I decided to be a dick, act jealous and be horrible. You knew me too well, there was no way I could send you away without you seeing right through whatever excuse I made up. I also tried to tell you about the recruitment but there's a spell that stopped me from actually saying the words out loud."

"So why can you tell me now?" Ginny was a little mad but felt like she wanted to cry. Harry never wanted to let her go, he felt he had to.

"This place." Harry gestured to the room they were in. "We are deep underground at headquarters and anywhere you are within headquarters allows you to speak freely about the I.W.I.A, within reason of course."

"So then why did you say the things you did to us? To me? To Hermione? Why did you crucio Ron? And set Lucius and the others free?" Ginny demanded.

"I said that to make you guys let go. I crucio'd Ron because even after I said the same hurtful things he still wouldn't let go. Neither would Hermione which is why I had to use force with both of them. Trust me I didn't enjoy it one bit. Releasing Lucius was just part of my mission."

"Your mission? Your mission was to set a bunch of dangerous death eaters free?!"

"Where there's smoke, there's fire Gin. Why not fan the smoke and help them along until you see fire? Anyways, I can't really discuss anymore about my mission."

"What about Blaise, Hermione and Draco?!" Ginny asked again.

Harry closed his eyes. "Gin, they're all alright but they have to go through a training step that you don't have to."

"And what's that?"

"Firstly, small things. Healing themselves, navigation through unfamiliar surroundings, that sort of thing. But they're currently learning to deal first hand with losing a loved one, a friend, a partner. In a nutshell, our people are testing their coping mechanisms to do with grief. You having lost Fred and then in a way me, although not so literally, you have been adequately monitored."

"So because my brother died and my ex boyfriend turned into an arse, I'm excused from training?" Ginny retorted.

"Not exactly." Harry replied. "In truth Gin, the founders of the I.W.I.A were monitoring you since the Chamber of Secrets incident in your first year."

Ginny's eyes darkened dangerously. "So you mean to tell me that they've been around that long?! Where the hell were they when Voldemort was in power?!"

"They didn't have the funds or the numbers to create the I.W.I.A back then. They were in talks with the ministry of magic and all the other ministries around the world but when ours was infiltrated by Voldemort's followers that put things on hold. Once you meet the founder though, you'll understand better. When you're ready, get dressed and come out here, we'll get you some food and then I'll show you around." Harry got up off the bed and strode over to the door.

"Oh and Ginevra," Ginny's head snapped up to glare at him. "Welcome to the I.W.I.A."