Hugs and Kisses (Xavier x Olympia)

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Olympia cheerfully tells her partner.

It was Valentine's Day today at Odd Squad.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too partner." Otis gives her a quick serious nod before going back to working on his paperwork.

"Everyone, I brought Valentine's gifts for all of you! I hope you like them!" She announced as she walked by other desks and visiting different departments, handing each of her co-workers a card with candy taped to it, receiving a smile from each person.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" She cheerfully said to each person she gave their gift to.

Just as she's about to sit down on her chair after being sure she was done handing candy and cards to everyone, she is quick to spring out of the chair as she remembers something.

"I almost forgot the Xs."

"The Xs? Maybe you shouldn't." Otis warned.

"Why not?" Olympia asked.

"Let's just say that they aren't the.. friendliest people." Otis said pausing for a second to think about how to describe the Xs.

"Otis, everyone deserves to feel love on Valentine's Day." Olympia explained with a smile on her face.

"Yeah but they don't really seem to care much about gifts. Remember when you gave them the gift basket?" Otis recalled.

Regardless, Olympia's optimism still shone through her smile. "I'm sure that they'll like my gifts this time!'

Otis just sighs as he watches his partner hand out a few more cards and candy to new people walking inside of HQ. He knew he couldn't stop her from giving gifts to the Xs, or at least try to. He just hoped those Xs wouldn't hurt his partners' feelings.

"Happy Valentines Day!" Olympia chirped as she handed gifts to a few more people.

Now there were only 2 people left, whom many of her co-workers, Otis included, warned her not to give gifts to but she ignored their warnings, believing that even people like them deserved gifts for this special day. It was none other than the Xs, who nobody dared to give gifts to except Olympia.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Xs! I made you two special cards with chocolate !" She said smiling as she handed them the cards.

Her smile became slightly smaller when she saw their serious face expressions staying the same even when taking her gifts.

"Don't you like it?" She asked.

"I don't like Valentine's Day." Xena said.

"Well.. Do you at least like the card I made?" Olympia asked.

Xena opened her card and read it.

We are the Os
You are the Xs
Together we make
Hugs and kisses
Even though we don't really know each other I just wanna say
Happy Valentines Day!!

Once she finished reading it, she looked back at Olympia.

"So... What do you think?"

"I think this is the grossest thing I have ever read! Especially the hugs and kisses part." Xena said.

"But X and Os makes hugs and kisses! And that's the best part of Valentine's Day. We express our love for our friends and family with them!" Olympia said cheerfully.

"I hate kisses and hugs!" Xena said.

"I don't even like handshakes." Xavier said, tonelessly.

Olympia looked surprised at Xavier.

"Well did you like my card?"

Xena answered by ripping the card.

"Does this answer your question?" She asked.

Olympia pouted at her.

"Now I see why people don't bother giving you guys gifts." Olympia mumbled.

"We don't like giving gifts.. We don't like getting gifts either." Xavier snapped.

"Well... Even though you don't like the gifts.. I still wish you two a Happy Valentine's Day."

Olympia said, her smile now completely gone and she left the room. Xena threw the ripped card and the candy that came with it away on the small trash can next to her and went back to work. She glanced at Xavier after a while and saw him staring down at the card Olympia gave him.

"Hey is everything good?" Xena asked him, putting her gold pen down.

"Yeah.'' Xavier said.

"Just reading the card to make fun of it." Xavier said, giving an excuse to read the card.

"It's pretty ridiculous isn't it?" Xena asked.

"Yeah." Xavier said.

But the truth was that he felt amazed that she has given them gifts. Nobody ever wanted to give them gifts. Even when they rejected her gift basket when they first met and people told her not to give them gifts for Valentine's Day, she did so anyway. Even after Xena ripped her card and they didn't show gratitude for her gifts, Olympia still wished them a good Valentine's Day.

Xavier never admitted but found her rambling and stalling to stop them from going to Oona's lab to check her license adorable. And when he marked her glasses as one of the things they wanted to take if they were to shut down Odd Squad, he didn't tell anyone but only wanted her glasses because they belonged to her, not because he liked them.

Xavier closed the card and was about to leave the room but was stopped by getting a question from Xena.

"Where are you going?" Xena asked.

"I'm just going to give this back to her because I don't want it,"

Xavier lied, then he left. He headed to her desk, where she was working.

"If you came to say how much you hate the gift I'd rather not hear it," Olympia said and got up from her chair to leave but he grabbed her wrist to stop her.

She looked back at him.

"No I didn't come to do that," Xavier said.

Her eyes widened.

"You didn't?"

"No. I just came to say.. Thanks for the card," He rubbed the back of his neck as paused at the thanks since he wasn't used to thanking people for stuff.

"Just don't tell Xena what I said."
Xavier chuckled.

Olympia chuckled as well.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Xavier said before giving her a brief hug. Even though he hated hugs, he felt like Olympia was one of the few that truly deserved them.

Olympia smirked faintly and said, "I thought you didn't like hugs."

"I don't but there are very few exceptions I suppose." Xavier shrugged.

"I think you forgot something." Olympia says.

"Forgot what?" Xavier asked, shocked as Olympia replied with a quick peck on his cheek.

"What was that for?" He questioned, trying to ignore the heat growing on his cheeks.

"You forgot the kiss. X and Os make hugs and kisses remember?"

Xavier gave her a small smile.

"Right."

"Happy Valentine's Day Olympia" Xavier said once more, Olympia saying it back before the two walked away to their respective desks.

Yep I know this is a strange pair but after re watching "Xs and Os" I just started thinking about making a one shot for them but didn't have any ideas for it for months until I thought about Olympia's line,
"Oh Xs and Os, like hugs and kisses."
And it helped me come up with this, whether or not you like this idea of a pair I hope you at least enjoyed the story. :)