i n t r o

Rylenn

Rylenn

"Damn girl ! You know you gotta share a room with someone else" Vincent struggles to set my boxes full of stuff down on the floor of my dorm. I lightly chuckle at his joke , I knew he wasn't handling me leaving home very well. To be fair I wasn't taking it well either

"She'll have room, don't worry" I say

"But I mean shit you don't need all this , you ain't staying forever.. right?" He questioned sitting the stuff down. I sighed "Of course not, and you know I'll be back--" 

"For Thanksgiving and Christmas I know, I'm missing you alright and I ain't even leave yet" He picks me up by my legs and spins me around, I giggle at his cuteness, remembering how special he is to me. I can't imagine not being around him or my parents for this long, but I know they are proud of me for this decision. 

"I'll be home before you know it" I tell him, He nods "and I'll be sitting on your parents couch waiting for you" He bites his lip. I peck his lips , just in time before my parents walked in with the rest of my boxes. 

"Okay baby girl I think that's all" My mom sighs. "I can't believe it.. following your momma's footsteps" She pulls me into a hug. "Lets me real Raven, Baby girl's ain't gonna pledge Delta, this girl is an AKA"

"Oh please don't get your hopes up" Mom rolls her eyes at dad. "But I mean ay, it's all up to our scholar " Dad holds his hands up in defense. The truth was I didn't know what I was gonna pledge,if I even wanted to. I knew nothing about it. Both of my parents pledged and my brother, it only makes sense that I make a decision.

"But we don't wanna pester you about it anymore, we just want to make sure you're comfortable before we head back " 

"I'm fine momma, I'll be fine--" "I mean we can pack your stuff up now if you ain't comfortable" Vincent chimes in. I roll my eyes "I'm fine stop being like that" I fold my arms. 

"She'll be alright, she her daddy's child, couldn't wait to get out the house huh?" My dad jokes. I smiled. "You know me" I give my dad a hug and a kiss goodbye followed by mom. Vincent does the proper thing to do in front of my parents and kisses my forehead "Behave yourself for me.." He whispers. 

"I'll try" I shrug. He couldn't help but kiss my lips. "Alright enough of that, or your not gonna have a ride home" Vincent rolls his eyes at my dads comment with a smile "Call me when you get relaxed and stuff" He says. I nodded seeing them out. 

Once they left I looked around at my new space, looking outside the window at the beautiful view of campus. The peace and quiet took over my ears. it was my new setting.

---

Decided to do an intro kinda thing this time 'round! It's not a long one but the chapters I have planned are gonna be kinda long. I hope you guys like the idea so far  ♥

(And no it's not gonna be just about her pledging in a sorority, you tried it lol😂)