Chapter 4

"Dude your mom is great," Alfred laughed.

"I know, you don't need to tell me that," I sighed.

"I was just pointing out a fact!" Alfred shrugged. I sighed and shook my head.

"Jeez, you're such a dork," I sighed.

"And you aren't?" Alfred asked.

"No, in fact I'm not," I smiled.

"So Arthur?" Alfred asked.

"What now?" I snorted.

"Are you sure you don't like any-"

"Stop, I'm not going through this again," I interrupted. "Why do you even care so much?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm just interested," Alfred shrugged. "Hey how about I tell you who I like at school and then you tell me who you like," Alfred suggested.

"Will it get you to sod off?" I asked annoyed.

"Absolutely," Alfred smiled. We both went quiet for a moment. Alfred looked as if he was thinking hard and long about what he was going to say.

"Are you going to say something or are we just going to wait here till we're old men?" I asked.

"I was thinking!" Alfred defended.

"Well hurry it up!" I glared. "I just want to get to bed," I mumbled.

"Okay, so you ask a question about the person I like then I'll ask a question. But you have to tell the truth, okay?" Alfred asked.

"Ugh, how long is this going to take?" I asked.

"Only a few minutes," Alfred explained.

"Good," I grumbled. I thought for a moment to see if any questions would pop into my head. Luckily one did, "What letter does their name start with?" I asked.

"A," Alfred said almost on cue. "Okay, same question, what letter does their name start with?" Alfred asked.

"Also A," I sighed. "Is it Angelica Ritmen?" I asked.

"No, not her," Alfred smiled. "Alix Mcguffin?" Alfred asked me.

"No, not her either," I mumbled. We continued to ask question after question. It was as if we were getting nowhere! It was very aggravating, I just wanted to go to bed, that is if I would actually be able to sleep.

"Long or short hair?" Alfred asked his twentieth question.

"Short," I sighed. "Girl or boy?" I asked to lazy to come up with a hard question. Alfred hesitated, I could see he was uncertain in his answer.

"Errr..." Alfred mumbled something under his breath.

"I didn't quite catch that," My interest was now peaked. If Alfred was hesitating on this simple question his answer must have been bad. Alfred opened his mouth and mumbled something incoherent once more. "You're helping no one here by not talking, Alfred," I sighed.

"It's a dude," Alfred mumbled. I gasped a little, I honestly wasn't expecting that especially from Alfred. I laughed a little once everything had completely processed through my brain. "It's not funny! I didn't want to say anything 'cause I knew you would laugh," Alfred flushed.

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that." I laughed.

"You must think I'm weird now don't ya'?" Alfred asked.

"No," I sighed. I thought for a moment then I blurted out, "So, you're gay?" without thinking. I covered my mouth in a rush. I looked at Alfred who was a little pale.