Chapter One

"Alejandra come out here dear there is a family who would like to meet you," Mrs. Jones, the head of the orphanage, called to me from the hallway.

Oh my name is Alejandra Rodriguez and I have been an orphan since I was three. My parents died in a car crash and no one else in our family could take care of me. I'm sixteen years old and will be seventeen in a few months.

"Really a family is here to see me?" I asked her slightly surprised because most families want young kids.

"Yes they want to meet you," she said walking into my room. "Why don't you put on something more presentable."

I looked down at what I was wearing. An Asking Alexandria shirt and some skinny jeans with my plain black Vans.

"Well you said they want to meet me, so shouldn't they meet the real me?" I asked.

"I guess you're right as much as I'd rather not admit it," she gave in.

I followed her out of my room and down the stairs into one of the family rooms. When I got there I saw a beautiful Latino woman with a handsome Latino man. No wonder they wanted to meet me, I'm the only Latino girl in this orphanage.

"Hi I'm Alejandra, but you can call me Alex," I said introducing myself.

"Hi Alex, I'm Sara Velasquez and this is my husband John," the beautiful woman, Sara, said.

_______________________________________________________

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. I DON'T KNOW ANDY'S PARENTS NAMES. (if you know you can tell me in the comments)

________________________________________________________

"Well I'll leave you to get to know each other," Mrs. Jones said leaving the room.

"I love your shirt Alex," Sara said totally surprising me.

"Really? Most adults don't know Asking Alexandria let alone like them."

"They are a band our son likes that I actually like," Sara explained.

"They are one of my favorite bands."

"What are some of your other favorite bands?" Sara asked.

"Um Crown The Empire, Black Veil Brides, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low, Of Mice And Men, and so many others," I answered.

"Those are all great bands. I think you would get along with our son perfectly," John said.

"Wait does that mean you guys actually want to adopt me?" I asked.

"Yes we would if you're ok with that," Sara answered smiling at me.

"Ok with it? Of course I'm ok with it. I will have a family who likes the music I like. But there is something else you should know."

"What is that Alex?" John asked.

"Um I used to cut. I haven't in almost two years but you can still see some of my scars," I told them, prepared for them to change their mind about wanting me as everyone else has.

"We know this sweetheart. Mrs. Jones told us before me met you," Sara said.

"Y-you know that and still want to adopt me?" I asked completely shocked.

"Yes of course we do. Just because you did something in the past doesn't mean you don't deserve to be loved," John answered.

"So you do want us to adopt you right?" Sara asked.

"Yes very much so."

"Ok we will go fill out the paper work. We will bring you home tomorrow and you will also meet your brother Andrew then. He wanted to come with us today to meet you but he got back late last night from traveling for work," Sara told me.

"Ok great I can't wait for tomorrow then," I said going up and hugging them before going back to my room to pack my stuff.

ANDY'S POV

I woke up to my phone going off. I checked the time on it before looking at my new message. 1:27 in the afternoon. It must be from my mom. I opened my messages and yup it was from her.

Mom: How would you feel about your new sister being a fan of your band?

How did I feel about that?

Andy: I guess it's better than her hating it. What is her name by the way?

Mom: I'm glad you feel that way. Her name is Alejandra, but she likes to be called Alex.

Andy: Ok. Wait how do you know she is a fan of my band?

Mom: She was wearing an Asking Alexandria shirt so I said I like it and asked her what are some other bands she likes. Your band was the first one she listed.

Andy: Wow she must like us then.

Mom: Yeah anyways we will be home soon. We pick her up tomorrow morning at 9:30.

Andy: Ok see you soon.

I can't believe my new sister is a fan of my band. Shit that means she probably likes at least one of the guys. Oh well I'll deal with that when I have to.

________________________________________________________

Alex's outfit is to the right (or at the beginning if you're on mobile)