Chapter 4

Mahiru looked at the raven man before him in sympathy. He understood the loss of a parent, but being abused by one and going through all that before becoming a subclass of Sloth? That must be traumatizing.

"That explains why you look so young while talking like an older person." Mahiru found himself musing out loud, making the informant laugh.

"-Hahaha...Humans are so amusing. And yes, i'm actually 24 in my 18 years old form." Izaya said before ruffling the Eve's hair, earning a sound of protest. The man smiled sadly.

'Mom used to do this whenever i did something good...'

Izaya was too trapped in his thoughts he didn't realize someone was calling his name, until they grabbed his shoulders. By reflex, the man had a knife at their neck in mere miliseconds.

"Orihara-san! What's wrong?!" The teen's yelling brought the man back to reality, widening his eyes at what he had just done to his savior's partner. He retracted his knife quickly before it could touch the boy's skin.

"S-sorry, just my reflexes. It's just that the job i'm doing is dangerous, and a lot of people blamed me for giving them imformation that aren't to their liking. Resulting in assasination attempts, as you see." Izaya smiled awkwardly, scratching his cheek. He wasn't familiar with showing genuine emotions to anyone other than his mother and Sleepy Ash.

Mahiru frowned. No wonder the man was so stiff when they first met.

"Troublesome, let's just go home." Kuro groaned, shifting to his cat form and laid on Mahiru's shoulder. Izaya laughed. Typical Sleepy Ash. It was good to express feelings after years of hiding it from everyone, he would whole-heartedly admit.

"Yeah, let's." The 23-year-old subclass grinned, putting his hands in his pockets and walked along side the Sloth pair to their home.

While doing that, the trio missed seeing three people who have just stepped down from the train staring shockingly at their backs.

_Shizuo's pov:

Man that train ride was long as hell.

Stretching my limbs as i stepped out along with Shinra and Celty, my eyes caught glimpse of a black fur-trimmed coat.

Growling in anger, i pulled up my sleeves, intended to pound that shit to the ground when a hand stopped me. I turned around, glaring at whoever did that, to see Celty with her PDA.

[Let's not forget that we're in another city. You and him causing trouble could cause a serious uproar.]

Shinra nodded, smiling brightly. He exclaimed.

"That's absolutely right, my beloved Celty!"

I growled in irrtation.

"So what are we gonna go now? Follow that louse?"

[That's correct. We don't know where Izaya is staying, and the people with him just now might not be one of his clients.]

I rubbed my forehead from the headache of following the Flea. Finally giving up, i sighed.

"Fine. But don't tell me to hold back when that piece of shit is causing havoc in this town."

Shinra just shook his head in defeat.

"Alright then, hurry up. He's far ahead of us."

And that's how operation 'Stalk the Informant' began.