Chapter 8

_Izaya's pov: the next day...

Ah, what a lovely, peaceful day in Tokyo. No gang fight, no flying vending machines and no assasination attempts like in Ikebukuro, it's a perfect day to go relax in the hot springs with my friends. Sleepy Ash and Mahiru, of course.

I was dressed in a very different attire to what i always wore. A black hoodie zipped open with white lines from the shoulders down the short sleeves, a small yellow crown-like emoji right where the heart is, on the inside is a white long-sleeved shirt. Black jeans held up by a silver belt with the end hanging and dark brown sneakers.

To look more fashionable, i wore a light blue torn bandana losely around my neck, my hair was fixed to be a bit spikier and topaz contacts (my original eye color) with blue rectangle fashion glasses to make me less recognizable to anybody who knew me.

"Izaya-san, are you ready?" Mahiru called in from the entrance. I chuckled in respond, turning towards the boy.

"Yup, sure am! Just hope the other Servamps doesn't smell vampire on me." I rolled my eyes playfuly at the small cat on Mahiru's shoulder, who just groaned in annoyance.

"They're a pain even after making peace. Espescially Tsubaki." True to his words, after the war Tsubaki had made peace with all of his sibblings and Eves. Though the man can be annoying at times... at least 20/24h a day.

"Ok, ok, i get it. You don't want to hear them asking you questions you don't want to answer. Let's just go to the hot springs already!" Izaya whined.

_No pov:

The three (more like two - Izaya carrying Kuro) walked through the busy streets of Tokyo happily chatting and laughing at eachother's jokes, unaware of the presence tailing them.

With Shizuo and the other two, they left the hotel early in the morning to Mahiru's appartment only to find that the trio already left.

"Uhhg! What's with that Flea being all cheery around those 'people'?!" The blonde debt collector growled.

[More importantly, who was that man?] Celty typed.

"He must be a supernatural creature to be able to do that. The question is, what does he have anything to do with Orihara-kun?" The underground doctor mused.

[We have to find them. They must be somewhere in Tokyo.]

"You're right my dear, let's go."

'This better not be some shitty joke of yours Izaya.'

Meanwhile...

"-And then he got jabbed in the ribs. Poor guy's too hyped for his own good." Izaya chuckled at the familiar memories.

"He really love his fiance does he." Mahiru smiled, amused.

"Yep. Oh, talking about fiance, there was someone who proposed to Ash a few years back. Who were they again?" Izaya wiggled his eyebrows at the groaning Servamp while Mahiru looked gobsmacked.

"WHAT?!"

Kuro sighed heavily and glared at the sniggering subclass.

"Mukiaene~..."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Where's that goddamn louse at!" Shizuo growled scaring a few passerby.

"Shizuo-kun, calm down." Shinra sweatdropped at his friend while Celty sighed.

"He better not be- wait, is that those people from before?"

The duo looked towards said direction, and true enough, there in the park parts walked the Sloth pair, and a familiar ravenette with topaz eyes.

"Maybe they know where Izaya is." The blonde muttered before running off to their direction ignoring Shinra's and Celty's calls.

"That idiot..."

---With Sloth---

"Oh yeah Ash? I was wondering... why did you save me years ago?" Izaya suddenly stopped his tracks. Mahiru looked at his partner in surprise.

"That reminds me, you don't do anything that's not your buisness, right Kuro?"

Kuro just looked down, like the ground is the most interesting thing ever.

"You reminded me... of myself..." Both looked at him in surprise, which the Servamp looked away and accidentally stepped in the sunlight, resulting him turing back to kitten form. Izaya gently picked up the eldest vampire and held him in his arms.

"It's ok, Sleepy Ash, we won't force you. Now, Onwards to the Onsen!"

However he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Turning around and coming face to face with his arch nemesis, Izaya raised an eyebrow. And that's how Shizuo recognize the man.

"Flea?!"

"Hello, Shizu-chan. We would appreciate it if you don't go ruin our Onsen day."He calmly smirked, which set Shizuo off.

"Why you-"

"Izaya-san, is he your friend?" Mahiru looked between the two, confused. The kitty yawned, locking his half-lidded eyes with the other's chesnut pair.

"What a pain, can't deal."