Soon. Not now but soon.

You were running around the diner, putting down some dishes, pouring drinks and trying not to slip on the piece of cheese that was somehow on the floor. Weird. You wiped your forehead as you got another plate of food for a customer.

"Don't overwork yourself" Nick grumbled. The old grumpy chef walked back into the kitchen. Thanks?

You sighed and went to the table to put the plate down and went back to the bar, sitting down on a barstool. Lunch rush was finally over. Phew.

"You ok there ______?" James asked. You sighed and looked at him with a soft smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine, at least you don't get to run around while carrying hot dishes" You sighed and rubbed your neck. You could feel the sweat starting to form.

James laughed and leaned one of his elbows on the clean wooden counter. "How about I get you a drink?" He grinned. You smiled gratefully at him.

"Waters just fine" You said. James nodded and winked at you and went to get the water. You lightly shook your head. You felt someone sitting next you and you slightly turned your head.

"Hey ______" Jack smiled.

"Hey Jack" You replied. James came back with your water in his hands and saw you two and stopped. He eyed Jack then went to you with a big smile.

"A water for my lady" James teased, setting the water down for you.

"Thanks James" you smiled and drink half of the water, then left, hearing Nick calling your name again for the plates.

While you were working, the two at the counter stayed quiet. Jack then looked at James and narrowed his eyes.

"Who might you be?" Jack asked.

"James, the bartender, ______s friend, you?" James asked, folding his arms over his chest.

"Jack, ______s neighbor and friend" he said, sticking his hand out. James took Jacks hand and shook it. James let go and smiled at him. Jack smiled back, but not as much.

"Nice to meet ya!" James exclaimed. Jack chuckled.

"Nice to meet you too. So, are you and ______...?" Jack asked, trailing off, afraid of what James might say.

James eyebrows shot up. "No no! Of course not. We're just friends. Why? Do you date her?" James asked, leaning towards Jack.

"What?! No no! Well, I want to but I-! But-, ah, w-well, um..." Jack stammered. James grinned and slapped Jacks back.

"Oh, boy. Love sick are ya?" He laughed. Jack shushed him, politely telling him to shut up.

"Sorry, sorry" James wiped a invisible tear "so, how...?" James asked. Jack fidgeted.

"I don't know yet but!" He started "I know I'll do it soon, but if she rejects then we could still be friends" he mumbled.

You walked back to the bar to drink the rest of the water and flashed Jack a quick smile before getting more plates and taking more orders. Jack sighed when you left.

"She's just, god, how am I supposed to word this?" Jack mumbled. James stood there quietly, letting Jack take his time.

"She's perfect. She's amazing. She's everything I'm looking for. Gosh, I felt like I'm gonna melt whenever she smiled at me and only me. I haven't liked somebody so much like this since high school. She's so kind and is so hard working. It seems like she doesn't need no man and she's so dependent" Jack paused. "She's a very strong person and even if I don't know her past, I bet it was horrible and she made through it and never dwell on the bad memories and instead make new ones with me and everyone else" Jack sighed "She's beautiful, inside and out. Before the vacation, I thought I had a little tiny stupid crush but when I went on the ferris wheel with her, I realized that I was really in love with her. Everything about her" he shook his head. "But I don't know if she's looking for somebody and if she is, I don't think I would be her first choice" Jack had his head in his hands, looking down at the counter.

"That's where you're wrong" James grinned. Jack looked up at James and his brows furrowed. What?

James saw the confused look on Jacks face and explained.

"She been talking about you ever since she worked here" James sighed, frustrated. Jack only got more confused. Wha-?

"Really?" Jack asked, hope filling his eyes. James rolled his eyes.

"Yes, she talks about how amazing you are. She said that you're really kind and caring, doing livestreams for charity while she can't even make quality content" James said, wiping a shot glass with a clean rag "but I don't think you should hear it from me, you should her it from her" James pointed at you talking to a customer. Jack looked at you and you turned towards them. Jack gave you a little wave and you stopped short. You raised your hand and gave him back a little wave, a bashful smile on your face before you went back to work.

Jack turns back to James so fast James thought the barstool might break.

"Should I ask her out?" He asked, looking at James.

James shrugged. "Your choice, not mine"

Jack turned around again but slower this time. He studied you for a moment, watching you work your ass off. He lightly smiled. Soon. Not now but soon.

-Hello everybody that's reading this! Sorry it's it's a little short. Did you like the chapter? Is Jack going to confess or not? Who knows! (Well except for me) I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter, bye!-

(Spell checked)