Chapter 1

The lights dimmed as a spotlight flew around the room. Causing some to chase it, and others to hide in the shadows. The light scanned around the room as our protagonist tried to push herself closer against the wall to hide. The light scanned the crowd before landing on a couple making out in the back. Macy Hardway and Tyler Jon quickly separated before exiting the room. This made most of the room explode in laughter. Even causing a slight giggle from the introvert our story is based around. Jaxs was sitting on some chair in the corner of the room, she had come to this party with her friend Aleah, who had now been gone for about an hour.
'Probably making out with some guy she just met.' Jaxs thought.
Her phone buzzed and she quickly grabbed it out of her pocket hoping to be saved from boredom.
"Hello?" She whispered weaving her way through the crowd.
"Hey Jaxs, it's Eugene. Why are you whispering?" She smiled.
"Oh, Aleah dragged me to this party. And I can't leave because she has the keys." A strange man tall and not very attractive approached and said:
"Let's Dance Cutie"
"Um Jaxs?" Eugene replied.
"Ignore him. Everyone here is drunk," she sighed, "so why'd you call?"
"Um I'm not really sure, I was bored." He replied. He was shaking but she couldn't tell.
"Do I free you from boredom." She said laughing slightly.
"Yes. Yes you do."
"Huh I'll remember that next time you're bored when we're hanging out." Jaxs said.
"In my defense playing monopoly is boring, and that's all you like to do."
"Would you rather do science projects?"
"Yes, now there's a good idea." He replied. She could tell he was smiling.
"Huh. How do you still not have a girlfriend."
"No. I do not."
"Well single life is better anyway."
"Sure it is." He stated.
"Oh don't be a baby, you'll find someone eventually. Until then enjoy not having to impress someone 24/7." She laughed.
"Are you bored yet?"
"Yeah, but not because of you."
"Want me to come pick you up?" His response caused so much happiness on the other end of the phone.
"Do you enjoy being my favorite person ever?"
"Where are you?"
"Mason Hardway's House. Do you know where that is?"
"Yep. I'll be right there."
You. Are. A. Life. Saver!" She hung up the phone and collected her stuff before trying to find Aleah.
"Hey have you seen Aleah?"
"About this tall. Ginger. Blue eyes."
"She has long curly hair."
"She looks like a hooker?"
"Little bit too loud, and even more crazy." After these 4 flattering descriptions.
"Oh yeah, she left about an hour ago. Said if anyone asks to say Boogie. Whatever that's supposed to mean." The girl groaned and walked off to dance with some guy. 
Boogie was the girls code word for I found some guy who took me to his house. Oogie means I'm bringing a guy to our apartment so don't come home. 'I'm just glad it's not Oogie.' Jaxs thought as she walked outside the house. She sat on the porch stairs before a Navy Jeep Wrangler pulled up on the street.
"Get in loser."
"Thank you so much for doing this!"
"What about Aleah?"
"She apparently left with some guy an hour ago." Jaxs replied.
"Wow, that's a jerk move." He said pulling out onto another street.
"Eh, I've done the same to her." Jaxs said rubbing her arm.
"Oh. Alrighty." He turned the corner onto the main road. He knew where she lived by memory. He'd been over so many times to study. Well him studying her trying not to fall asleep.
"How'd you know where Mason's house was?" Jaxs asked sitting up straight
"Oh, a few years ago I had a thing with Macy. Long story." Eugene replied.
"Well she was sniffing Tyler Jon the entire party so she probably doesn't miss you." Jaxs laughed. Eugene however did not. Jaxs soon stopped and realized her mistake, "well I'm a insensitive jerk face, I'm sorry Eugene." At this Eugene laughed.
"You're fine. It's just harder for me to get over stuff like that I guess." He tried to force a laugh but didn't really fool Jaxs. If anyone knew what it felt like to be broken it was Jaxs.
"I'm sorry." She said barely acknowledgeable.
"It's not your fault Jaxs." He replied.
The last 5 minutes of the ride were silent. Not awkward silence but silent.
"And here we are." Eugene smiled putting his car into park.
"Thank you so much for doing this. If you need a favor just hit me up." Jaxs said smiling as she walked to her front door. "Bye Eugie." She waved.
"Bye Jaxy." He smiled back.
Jaxs walked to her room and fell on the bed tears forming in her eyes. She understood what it felt like to be broken. She understood what it felt like to not be able to move on. His state reminded her of her own. She thought about how he probably already had another girl. She however couldn't even go on a date without being reminded of all of there great ones. She thought she had gotten rid of all the feelings she still had for him. Nah. They're still there. You can't get over someone unless you stop thinking about them. About their eyes, their gorgeous eyes. Either dark and filled with an unknown light you want to explore or light with a color you want to see shine everyday. And that smile, either bright and never not there, or amazingly beautiful and barely there. His hair either messing or neat. Him. Him and only him. He could put her back together, and he was no where to be found.
The brunette sat up and stared at the herself in the mirror. Her frail, and broken figure stating back at her.
'I'm glad she's not home.' Jaxs told herself. 'If she was I wouldn't be able to cry.' She looked away from the mirror and went into her bathroom hoping to wash away all those memories that keep popping up.  It didn't work, the warm shower only reminded her of the warmth he provided. "Jaden." She whispered, "Oh god what have we done." The boy she was referring to was doing what you do not expect. He didn't break up with her because he didn't love her. He loved her more than she will ever know. He didn't find someone new or anything ordinary. The thing that hurt the most is that he wouldn't tell her why he wanted them to end.