Week Four

Friday is here again and today feels like one of those days where I actually feel like putting an effort into my appearance.

I wear a casual olive green colored bodycon dress with sandals and let my way too curly hair breathe by leaving it down. Looking in the mirror, I notice that I am glowing, my melanin is just shining through and I love it.

Immediately I walk into class, I can feel Mason or Professor Hayes's eyes on me. I walk to my desk as he finds my homework from last week in a pile of papers, picks it up and hands it out to me to pick up.

"Feyre?"

Can't he just not be lazy and bring it to me?

I stand up and walk towards the desk, initially, his eyes were set on mine as I approached but I watched as he averted them down the length of my body and then back up.

He clears his throat as I accept my homework.

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

Throughout lecture he talks about Bayes rule and the probabilities of union, intersection and complement concepts.

——— Skipping through lecture because I coulda dropped mah croissant———

"Thanks, Feyre," he says as I hand him the quiz.

We get it, you like saying my name, you can shut up now.

Is what I want to tell him but instead, I say "Yep, bye."

As I leave the classroom I can't help but notice that Amanda is still there. She has already turned in her quiz but now she is packing up her stuff in the slowest way possible.

I chuckle as I close the door to the classroom. It's obvious she likes him. I would ship them but I'm pretty sure its illegal, for a TA to have any relations with a student. Not to mention that he's probably a billion years old. Okay, I'm exaggerating, he's a graduate student, so that means he's only a million years old.

As I walk out of Adams Hall, I contemplate going Professor Hayes's or Mason's office hours. They're set right during my Sociology lecture which I don't really have an incentive to go to other than the fact that I am a great student. However, I think I'll let it slide just once because the Statistic's midterm is next friday and I am definitely not confident in my current abilities.

That is just the nice way to put it, I was pretty sure I would fail.

I had 30 minutes to kill before his office hours began and I decided to spend that time figuring out exactly what I was struggling with in regards to underlying concepts we've covered. I really didn't want to have anything to say just in case it was just the 2 of us.

Towards the end of my 30 minutes, I found myself going to the restroom to make sure I looked okay. Then I caught myself because realized I have no one to impress.

None of that even mattered because once I walked in I noticed the room was filled with students. Glad to know that I am not the only one struggling in this class. I searched for a place to sit and was ready to resort to the floor like some other students when Mason spoke up.

"Uhh Feyre, actually you can just take my chair." He suggested, pointing at a black cushioned office chair that stood behind what I assumed was his desk.

As I made my way to his chair, I began to wonder why he hadn't offered the chair to anyone else already there when he answered my thoughts by speaking.

"Sorry you guys, I completely forgot about my personal chair." he explained, mainly to those on the floor.

I smiled to myself and then looked up and was met with a death glare from Amanda, who was sat on the floor across the room.