Vceptional || Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Simjang

     Finishing the new artwork I made, I finally got the time to doze off in my bed and sniff the nice and fresh air. My clothes are still painted with different colors and I swear, if mom is here with me, She would scold and turn into a person who didn’t seem to touch any dirty things before.

    “I finally finished it—wait, I forgot something.” before I ended the peice, I drew a small and little heart in the edge of it. As it reminds them that I made this. Well, my name is that shape. [simjang - heart]

   “What a work.” I ended up looking in the roof as my body rest down in the comfort zone. My bed ofcourse. I looked at the peice in awe. I really do have good hands. I giggled after I realized I was considering myself too high enough. “I can’t wait to post this online.”

    I opened my laptop and with a sigh, I entered the password to it. The password that reminds me of something behind the past. After typing it, the face of my mom lights up in the screen. My lips curved into a smile as I opened my website.

     This is where I post my artworks. I already made 12 and it inspires me a lot especially since many people who visits my page, commented a lot of inspiring words. It’s such an honor to draw their requests.

   Without thinking twice, I posted the new artpeice. Within a minute, many of my ‘fans’ commented a great work! And it lightens my day. Yes. Already. For you, it’s just a small thing but for me, It’s bigger than just a comment.

    “I see, you are painting again.” Without hearing any knocks or crumbles, my door opened revealing a woman holding a tea cup. Her eyes were captivating and she seems to have a pretty yet gloomy day. Her hair was a combed perfectly, makes me anxious about mine.

    “Aren’t you tired of dealing with your paintbrushes?” Her question made me curved a smile. “What makes painting better if you’re also tired of holding your paintbrushes? I like my unique talent, this way.”

    She laughed, her laugh was soft yet mischievous. “Sim jang, you know how important the business is. With you doing those stuffs again, you might not be focused on your training as the right hand of your dad.”

   Hearing her say ‘dad’ cringes me. She probably took advantage of saying it since she loves calling my dad, daddy. “I don’t care about your business. What lives by my side is art. Nothin’ more.”

  I turned around and faced my laptop. But from behind, I can see her smirk. “Don’t you get attached to that, sweetie, your fingers might get broken.” her voice turns evil. I’m used to this tho, what makes me live was her secretive voice and mischievous smile. I don’t find the chance for my dad to marry her.

   “But it’s already broken. I just used my hobby to find the cure.” I said about to sound sarcastically.

   “Well, alright. But if you’re done doing that... you might as well have your dinner.” I didn’t bother replying instead, I waited for her presence to go out from my room. Because obviously, it’s making me sick.

   When she finally left, I took a deep breath. I checked the website once more and many comments appeared. This is the only thing that makes me smile.