Chapter 9

Thalia's POV

I acted out of pure anger when I shot the lightning bolt at the girl, but when I saw her change into that, that monster I froze and couldn't do anything under it's gaze. When it left with Autumn running as a streak through the camp as a Nemean lion I was relieved and then she turned into a wolf and started to advance on me, and I wanted to defend myself but knew that would have only made the anger worse and Artemis told me that I was lucky not to get attacked because even she was powerless against the girl in wolf form. Then it spoke deep, manacling, and protectively, it sounded unnatural but familiar from something I heard before and then it came to me just after lady Artemis was done speaking to me. That girl was the spawn of Lycaon, and she didn't know it, but Artemis told us that Lycaon was finally dead and we had nothing to worry about on him. 

"Milady it spoke to me" I said flabbergasted and unable to spit it all out

"Of coarse it did, in your head using telepathy" she said looking behind her as she walked to our cabin 

"No I mean it actually spoke to me milady, I thought only Lycaon and his spawn could do that?" I said "what aren't you telling us milady?" Artemis stiffened up about halfway and looked at the ground sighing. 

"Yes they are" she said and the turned to us "I found her on a full moon and a half-dead Lycaon struggling to stay awake while his body and mind died, so I killed him, but I didn't have the heart to kill the young one, and now I cannot, so instead I wish to make her one of my own, one of us so that I can have her strength and powers on our side in all our battles, and if there was another war to come. I'm sorry I didn't tell you girls, but I couldn't otherwise you would've done the exact thing that Thalia did and you would try to kill her every time you saw her, or you would go hunting her on your own and maybe get yourselves killed" Artemis then walked away leaving us standing there in silence before everyone banded off from the group heading to family and friends who didn't treat us like crap here and going to the archery center with Artemis. I went to the Poseidon cabin wanting to apologize to her for zapping her with my electricity, but I stopped just at the border of her cabin while she stare at me with slight hate and slight confusion for what I was doing. 

"I-I'm sorry for earlier" I said "I am not the best when it comes to pain and anger" expecting for her to turn away, ignore me, send me away, or go into her cabin to avoid me since she knew I wouldn't go in her territory, but she did none. She looked down and I swear that I saw a tear slip from her strange eyes as she looked to the floor. 

"I understand" I heard her say and I was surprised "I lost my first father due to my own mistake, and my mother hasn't yet been avenged due to her death by a Hell-hound attack which I could've prevented and kept her safe from" she looked up with teary eyes, and I wanted to go over there and comfort her, so I did I crossed the line and sat down next to her on the stairs and I hugged her best I could in the awkward position. 

"Maybe we both could go searching for the things that ruined our lives together someday" I said and she looked up at me with her sea-green eyes before hugging me, and her form flickered before what I saw peeled away like it wasn't there at all "whoa you can manipulate the mist" it was cool to say in the least and it was freaky that a child so young could do something so strange and powerful. 

"Yeah one night I was really hungry and I screamed at a cashier to give me the doughnut I wanted and then seemed to go all glassy eyed and gave me a box-full, and the other people also seemed to be in a dazed state too as I walked out, and I made them sleep by saying it before I left and I was laughing all the way home as they all fell to the floor asleep in weird positions with a couple people's faces in their coffee, doughnuts, or doughnut boxes" I said "I practiced everyday to get people to do strange things and bullies to stop bullying people smaller or weaker than them by talking to them, eventually after a couple years I could make people do, say, and see what I wanted them to see with just my thoughts, and then I met Lyn and after two more years of seeing him every night, going for runs with him, training to become stronger for two years I let him change me and I killed him just by changing" her tears were gone now replaced by a thankful look "if he was still suffering as I slept in him I'm glad the lady's arrow killed him in his sleep so that he didn't have to die in the pain that I gave him"