Chapter 1~

Payton's P. o. V.
______________
My alarm is like an echo in my dreams and of course only when it starts to get good do I wake up.
I did get up just in time to be able to stop for breakfast before school, B's gonna love that.

After some coaxing I drag myself across the room to my bathroom and adjust to the cold tile. I need to get some house shoes.
I turn on the light, squinting, and lean on the sink to stabilize myself. I hold back black curls from my face and pull all of them up in a bun before I brush my teeth.
I take a hot shower to ease the tension and hope this day is as short as possible.

When I get ready to leave I make sure to close my bedroom window and head back down the stairs and out to my car, to go get B.

Ms. Carter's p. O. v.
____________
I wake up a little after my alarm and hope I'm not late when I stretch/roll over to turn it off. Yawning, I get up slowly and shuffle out of my bedroom to the bathroom. I went over to my main closet after brushing my teeth and picked out a fitting black pencil skirt with a royal purple blouse.
Both tailored to me perfectly.
Being 5'1 on a good day has it's fair share of irritations, finding clothes that fit is one of them.
I check myself in the mirror and wipe away any lipstick that's smudged.
After getting dressed I grabbed my coffee I'd made earlier, locking the door behind me as I rush to my car.
Fall is coming around early and the leaves are already falling—right on my car.
I try not to make myself even later by brushing them all off but manage to do so anyway.
What else is new.