BACK HOME

Banye had already stopped by the stairs and sent Xan and Wan ahead of him. He knew Ying Yue chased after, her frantic mind reached him long before she made it to the stairs.

He twisted around to catch her, his face is a grim mask. "He's constantly breaking through the barriers, no matter how many times I sent him back, he comes back the next day stronger and more determined than he was."

"How long had he been coming here?"

"Weeks." He answered truthfully.

Her face turned pale with shock, and perhaps hope, and all kinds of emotion slamming into her one by one.

He watched her animated expression and gathered her into his arms. "Fei." He breathes sharply. "What is it that you want?"

Her voice cracked, and with heartbreaking tenderness..."you know what I want."

He shook his head and kissed her smooth hair. "You know I can't do that. Our grudge with each other goes deeper than fighting claim of you."

"I heard about your wife."

A ghastly sigh. "That was a different time, I was not the same ruler as I was..."

"What Jian did was justified."

"He killed the one I loved."

"She was killing all those humans."

Silence took hold of him, he has no retort, no response. He didn't deny or admit what his wife did. His hold tightened on her. He didn't want to talk about his dead wife, he wanted to talk about Ying Yue.

"Fei," He began softly. "I lured you into me for a different reason, I wanted you to be part of my life. I wanted to give you part of me, and it's no longer because of my spite, my revenge. I wanted you to be mine, but you were so young then and so full of spite that I thought I should let you pursue what you wanted, get your revenge on your husband. Get him out of the way so I wouldn't have to worry about him later." He paused. "I was wrong, I have no idea how your feelings could sway easily. I was never that well read on mortal emotions, I forgot how unstable they are. They live for such a fleeting life they go through so much emotions unable to keep them in check.

You love your husband and I can understand that." His voice rasped. "Even if it hurts me, you were with him, you were in love with him before I even found you." He pulled away, his dried lips kissed her eye. "I took you and stole you not because I'm still bent on my revenge. I took you because I love you and I can see that you're falling back in love with him and I cannot tolerate that. I want you to love me back, Fei."

She stumbled, when she followed him this was not what she'd expected. She did not expected a confession, she only wanted Wang Jian's safety. She made herself look at him, suddenly loving and caring for Banye didn't seem like it was something so hard to do. Banye is beautiful, powerful, eternally youthful, he's kind to her and most of all, he loves her.

"Banye..." Her arms draped around his back, leaning closer, she buried her face on his chest, still afraid upon staring at those immensely intense eyes.

There was a crack at the door, just as when they were falling into their romantic calm. A sudden light, so bright and blinding streamed through the door, causing Banye to scowl and block his eyes.

Ying Yue winced at the light, the impact of it didn't caused her as much pain even though she felt the excruciating pain burned her eyes.

She let out a howl of pain, and something grabbed her and trapped her in his arms, yanking her away from Banye.

It all happened so quick, she's being dragged away from the palace while the steam of light continued to flood.

"Hang on, Ying Yue!" His familiar voice came to her ear.

He leaped with her down to the long flight of stairs and let her down as they dashed for the door.

"Run with me. Run as fast as you can." He said half breathing and half running.

She said nothing as her muscles focused their strength on her legs, she ran while Wang Jian guided her where to go.

The eternal darkness remained its reigned outside, the moon was up and bright. She's getting over the sting of the brightness when she saw a shadow moving around the edge of the field. It's the barrier, the wall where the mortal world start.

Her sharp eyes, sharper than she's used to spotted Chansin mounted on a horse, restless in anticipation as he watched both Wang Jian and Ying Yue closed in. He stationed himself waiting while Wang Jian risked himself to steal her back.

"Hop on the horse!" Jian gave her a push on the back. She leaped mounting on it while he mounted behind her, sending the horse careening back to the mortal world and to the palace without a moment of pause.

She was glad when they arrived at night, she didn't have to worry about the possible effect of the sun on her skin. She'll have to worry about that when it comes to it.

Prince Wang Jungjae was at the gates gleaming with triumphant glee as he watched all three arrived safe and sound. "Holly molly, you actually got her back, you fucking asshole!"