four

"Wait, Li — " Michelle watched as Peter hopped out the water to follow Liz, but she had disappeared into Ned's house

    "Wait, Li — " Michelle watched as Peter hopped out the water to follow Liz, but she had disappeared into Ned's house. He dropped his shoulders and turned to look back at the others. "What did I do wrong?" He questioned, breath a little shaky.

"No, I just think she was sad because she was leaving or something." Ned answered, throwing an inflatable pool ball back to Abe.

"Or maybe you're a bad kisser." Cindy joked, sitting up on her elbows to look at the confused boy.

Michelle just watched as he stood, looking like his puppy just ran away and he didn't have a clue on what to do. She was upset more than anything else. Peter and her had cuddled the night before, and now Liz showed up and it was like nothing happened. Like she didn't fall asleep and wake up in his arms.

Yeah, she told him not to make it a big deal, but that didn't mean her too. She always liked Peter, everyone knew that. She always tried to play it off like she was just "very observant", but she just had a big crush on him. Infuriated with him would be a better way to describe it.

She wanted Peter to look at her the way he looked at Liz. She wished it were her that he asked to homecoming, even though she knew he had liked Liz for a really long time. Michelle was happy that he got to go with her, but they didn't even look that good together.

When they kissed, Michelle pretended to not notice, or even care, but she did. She saw it all. She saw his arms snake around her waist, and her arms around his neck. She was sitting where she could only see Liz's face, and she saw the smile and the way her lips moved against his. Like she enjoyed it.

Who wouldn't?

Michelle kinda knew it was bound to happen all day. From when Liz and Peter almost kissed in the kitchen, to when Liz rushed to sit next to him when they ate, to her taking his phone and spamming it while he was in the bathroom, all of it. That's why she hid behind her book. So they couldn't see the pain it inflicted on her.

Michelle closed the book she was reading and watched as Peter flopped down in the seat next to her, sighing. "Why are girls so confusing?" He scoffed, running his hands through his hair.

"Good question". Michelle answered in her head.

    "Psst." Michelle's eyes popped open when she heard Peter's voice from across the couch. She sat up on one elbow slowly, moving her hair from her face as her eyes adjusted to seeing him in the dark.

"Yes?" She whispered back.

"Are we gonna cuddle again?" He asked. She could feel him sit up more, so she did the same. They were closer that way and she liked it.