eight

Peter sat back down in his seat, taking a huge gulp from his cup of water

    Peter sat back down in his seat, taking a huge gulp from his cup of water. He felt like someone put a heater right on top of the table because his body temperature was sky rocketing with every breath he took. His hands were shaking and his eyes were darting all around the table at the three most important girls in his life. Liz because she was his first crush, Michelle because she was close to becoming his first real girlfriend, and May because of obvious reasons.

"So Pete, what did you have to tell me?" Liz asked as Aunt May set a plate of food in front of her. He took another gulp of water and shakily placed it back on the coaster.

"I uh..." He looked at her and then glanced over at Michelle. "I really don't want to make you hate me right now."

Liz quirked up in confusion. "Peter, I couldn't hate you. You're so smart and really nice." She complimented, playing with her fork.

Peter found this to be very awkward. He didn't know why Michelle even called her over here. He thought they were making progress, and now this. "I...I'm Spider-Man." He stuttered, looking down at his plate as he heard the sound of May's fork hit hers.

"Peter!" She exclaimed, looking around at the other girls. "I'm so sorry, he's just joking."

"No, no. No he's not." Liz spoke up. Peter had to find the courage to slowly look her in the eyes. "You saved everyone from my father."

"I know and I'm really sorry about that — "

"You saved me." She cut him off as he tried to apologize. She had a small smile plastered on her face. It surprised him because he was expecting her to freak out. "In the elevator in Washington, you saved me." She stood up and walked around to his seat next to her to give him a hug.

"W-What? You're not mad?" He asked, hugging her back before she sat back down.

"No. My dad was dangerous and what he was doing was in no way okay. You didn't mean to hurt my feelings or anything like that, right?" She asked, tucking a piece of her wavy black hair behind her ear.

Peter shook his head and looked over at Michelle. She winked at him and went back to eating her food. He was confused because this was all her idea, and she sounded like she was scheming against him. But the look that was just on her face told him otherwise.

His head snapped back over to Liz when she started to giggle. "You put on this stupid accent to make it seem like it wasn't you. I knew something was up with you not being there and Spider-man somehow knowing we were there. I thought it was weird that he followed us to DC."

Michelle began to giggle too. "See Pete, it's not so bad that she knows. You told me, Ned, and Aunt May. So I wanted you to just get this part over." She stated softly, giving him a smile.