32.

"Again, you leave me for months! I thought you loved me." Tamar said faking tears. I laughed her off.

"Marty, you are so full of it." I laughed.

It's been about a month since the whole fiasco happened with Bryan. And I totally am going to talk to him about it soon, just I haven't felt comfortable. I still love him and we're not broken up, just taking space. I hope. This past month I've really kept to myself and my kids. No work, no relationship.

"How's life been, though, sis? I've missed yo bum ass." She asked before sipping her tea. "How are my darling kids and that man of yours?"

"The kids are good. Jet has met Auntie Flo and Monroe is back to her old self. We're great."

She stared at me.

"What?"

"God, I hate that stupid 'what' you always say when you know exactly what. What's wrong with the boy toy? Y'all broke up?"

I looked down at my tea and felt the side of the cup. "It's cold, I thi–"

"Oh my God. Y'all really broke up?" Tamar asked with her jaw hung.

"No! We just aren't speaking right now." I said.

"On who's terms?"

"I don't know. It's kind of fucked up, and I don't feel like talking about it or him right now. Just... I love him and I'll never stop. To my knowledge, we're still together." I said while fiddling with the promise ring.

She peeked over and rubbed my shoulder, "Sorry, Tone." She said.

I felt a tear drizzle down my cheek. I quickly wiped it and smiled, "How's your life?" I said hiding the other tears wanting to follow.

Tamar hugged me and shushed me, "Girl, I know you heartbroken because we just spent the last hour talking about my life." She said making me chuckle.

"Yeah, I just want to re–"

"Mom!" I heard Monroe yell.

"Geesh." I groaned getting up. I wiped my face and walked to the front door, "Yes, baby? How was school?"

"School? That's not important, Mom. What is important is the fact I just scoffed my Gucci loafers." She said sliding them off her feet. I inwardly rolled my eyes and mentally strangled her.

I widened my eyes towards her and waited for her to get to the actual important part. "And?"

"And that's it." She shrugged.

"Go say hi to Tamar and get out my face, please." I said kindly. "And where's your sister?"

"Walking with some guy named Vonni." She said as she walked to the kitchen.

I looked outside and saw her talking with him walking up the driveway. My baby got good taste, she got herself a chocolate boy. That's the best.

They came up to door and I was standing right there. "Hey, Mom." Jet said with a beautiful smile. That's the biggest smile I've seen from her in awhile.

"Hi, babe. Who's your friend here?" I smiled.

The young man shook my hand, "I'm Giovonni Parker. Nice to meet you, Ms. Braxton." He said with a stern voice. Very respectful.

"You, as well, Giovonni. I'd hate to interrupt you two, so Jet, dinner will be starting in an hour. Please be inside by then, yes?"

She smiled and nodded. I took her bag and watched her walk off with Giovonni.

I closed the door and turned to go to the kitchen, but the doorbell rung when I was halfway.

I went back and opened it. "Hey." Bryan said.

I stared blankly. I swear this kind of stuff only happens to me. He stood there with roses and a big smile.

"Well, look what the wind blew in." Tamar said from behind me. I rolled my eyes and felt for my phone in my pockets, and realized I left it with her when Monroe called me.

"You called him?" I whispered through gritted teeth.

"Technically, you did." She said waving my phone. She walked up and greeted Bryan, "Hi, Bryan."

"Hey. Toni, can we talk? Please?" He asked. God, this man pushes. It's cute though and I've missed him. I wish I could say no.

I stepped aside and let him in. "Bryan!" Monroe exclaimed from the foyer. She ran over and hugged him. "Where have you been? I've missed you." She said. The way she looked at him was as if he was the greatest person alive. I miss watching their bond.

"I've been around. I came to talk to your stubborn ass Momma, kind of missed her." He joked.

"If it means anything, she hasn't shut up about you for weeks and she's always crying. She doesn't think we hear her, but she does. And sometimes she plays darts and curses you ou–"

"Upstairs. Now. Go get ready for dinner." I gritted.

She got nervous and ran up the stairs. I looked over at Tamar, "Are you staying for dinner? If so, kitchen, now. Set the table." I said.

"Toni, I ain't ya kid." She sassed. She walked towards the kitchen and flipped me the bird, "I'm going because I want to."

I groaned and turned back to Bryan. "Uhm, hey."

"Uhm, hey." He mocked.

"I was gonna call."

"I bet." He chuckled.

"We can go upstairs. My room." I said before leading the way. When we got inside, I locked the door.

Before I could even turn around and get a word out, he smashed his lips into mine. And like the sexually deprived woman I was at the moment, I melted.
—————————————————————————
leaving for vacation soon so yall gonna be left on a cliffhanger 😬❤️