Imagine That

"Many of us know the rapper 'Tyga' by his hit single, 'Coconut Juice'. He portrays himself to be a player, until now. A few minutes ago some pictures of Tyga and a beautiful young girl were released. In the pictures, they looked very much in love. Could Tyga be settling down for this girl? Scott, what do you think?" 

That's what newswoman Amanda Harris was saying on 'Access Hollywood'. The camera went to a newsman, who was Scott. 

"I think this is pretty surprising. I mean, if you listen to Tyga's music, you'll hear him talking about multiple women. But no one would imagine him liking one girl seriously. I personally don't think this is going to last very long. The girl's a nobody--she's very pretty, but not famous at all. She's only seventeen!" Scott said. I didn't like being called a nobody, but I was happy I was being talked about.

I was watching the show from a flat screen TV in a Holiday Inn Hotel. When I took the cab to the airport earlier, I called T and he told me to come to Baltimore, and that he would come for me later on tonight after he finished with the concert in New York.

I laid on the bed and smiled broadly as they showed the pictures. I did look really nice in them. 

"We even have some pictures of the two of them at an airport in LA." Amanda said. They showed grainy pictures of T and I at the airport. I was happy my tears couldn't be seen in the photos. 

They went on and on talking about the possibilities of the relationship being just a fling, but I stopped watching. 

I went on the hotelroom's laptop and logged into my e-mail. There was a lot of junk, so I just logged out. Next, I logged into T's e-mail (he gave me his password). 

He had a long, long list of contacts. I clicked the option to send an e-mail to all contacts, and began to type, pretending to be T.

Hey. Just so there isn't any confusion: yes, that girl that you see on the news and I are in a relationship, and we will be for a long time. You'll be seeing us a lot more now...

I clicked send, and felt a rush of satisfaction. About a thousand people would get that e-mail, and everyone would know for sure that this wasn't a fling.

But then I started to wonder...what if it was a fling? What if, sooner or later, T would break my heart?

I pushed the thought away. I wouldn't let that happen.

                                                                        ***

That night, I got back to the hotel at around two in the morning. I'd rented a car, drove to the beach, watched the sunset there, and then drove around some more to see sights. There were rivers and monuments, big restaurants, and clubs.

I went up to the third floor, where my room was, and tiredly unlocked the door. Everything was just as I'd left it, not that I expected it to be different. I hopped into the shower and let the cool water therapeutically fall on my body. But suddenly then, my phone buzzed.

I reached out of the shower curtain and picked it up off of the sink ledge and answered. "Hello?" I asked, turning off the water.

"Baby? It's me." Of course it was him; he was the one and only person that called me 'baby'.

"Hey, babe. Where are you?" I asked.

"We just finished up with the concert. We're driving up to Baltimore now. I'll be there soon, okay?" 

"Okay."

There was a knock at the door at 3:30 AM. It came once, but I didn't get up, thinking it was a dream. It came again, though, and I leaped out of bed to open the door. 

T walked in, his eyes red and tired-looking. I hugged him, let him in, and closed the door behind us. 

"Hey." I whispered. He smiled at me. He looked me up and down slowly, thinking about something. And then I watched as he peeled off his shirt and pants, revealing his skinny body. T got into bed and kissed me softly, and tugged at the waistband of my shorts.

And that's how it started. That night, I slept with him.

In the morning, I woke up with my head on T's bare chest. Our legs were entagled under the sheets, and he had his hand on my hair, stroking it softly. 

I sat up and stared at him. He had a lazy expression on his face, and a hint of a smile. He pulled me down closer to him so he could whisper in my ear.

"I love you." He whispered. This made me tingle all over; I hadn't expected him to say this. Before I could respond, he continued. "Last night was.....great."  He said. 

I smiled at him. It really was great. It's the best night I'd had in a really long time, or maybe ever.

"I love you too, T." I said to him. We kissed, and I felt like I was the luckiest girl on Earth. And I felt even more lucky when he continued.

"I mean it when I say I love you, Jaydi. I know I do; it was like fate meeting you. What are the odds that my friends would tell me to go talk to a fan whose birthday it was, and then I'd be in a relationship with her in no time? This isn't something simple, Jaydi, no matter what the media says." He said the words like he really meant them, and I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't help but wonder if this was good fate or bad. But did it matter, anyway? Right now, right here in this moment, did I need to worry about our future?

If I did, I decided not to.

"And guess what?" T said with a smile. 

"What?" I asked, stroking his chest with a single finger. I could feel his heartbeat; it was so strong and steady. I loved feeling that, knowing that he was alive and chose to be right next to me. I wished I could have my finger on his heart forever, that it would beat forever.

"The tour's done. You know what that means?" He asked. I shrugged. "We'll be spending a lot more time together."

Everything that happened after he said this was a blur. We cudddled, and laughed, and talked. I told him about me sending the e-mail, but he didn't mind. He told me that the crew already knew there was something going on between us. So it was official now--we were a couple. I was Michael 'Tyga' Stevenson's girlfriend.

It was absolutely unbelievable.