the vanishing of will byers

hi!

so im gonna be re-editing fire and roses and adding more chapters to it because i love st and i miss katya :)

ANYWAYS

enjoy
__________________________________________________________________________

"somethings coming, something hungry for blood." mike wheeler said ominously from behind the dnd game guide, running shivers down my spine. "ah shit. what if its the demogorgon? we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon." dustin henderson exclaimed shakily, "it's not the demogorgon, dusty!" i roll my eyes at him and he sticks his tongue out at me.

"a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness. it is almost here." everyone grows more and more tense, "what is it?" will byers asked, scared. suddenly mike slams a figure on the table, and i jumped.

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" he exclaims, loudly.

"troglodytes?" dustin questions, confused.

"told ya," lucas sinclair smirked proudly at us. i giggled quietly. dustin stuck his tongue out at us playfully, and i giggled more. i turn to see mike looking around nervously, "wait a minute, did you hear that? that..that sound? boom..boom..BOOM!" all of a sudden, mike slams his hands down on, rattling the table and startling us.

"that didn't come from the troglodytes, no, that... that came from something else. the demogorgon!"

mike slams another figurine on the table. "we're in deep shit." dustin explains. then, it was as if someone flipped a switch and the room was suddenly clouded with thick tension.

"will, your action!"

"i don't know!"

"fire ball him!" i yelled

"i'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" he shot back frustrated

"too risky. cast a protection spell!" dustin argued

"don't be a pussy. fire ball him!" lucas retaliated

"the demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! it stomps towards you. boom!" mike announced.

"FIRE BALL HIM, WILL!"

will throws some dice, but they fall off the table.

"oh, shit." i mutter and rake my fingers through my hair. just as i'm about to get on my knees to help look for the dice, mrs. wheeler calls me:

"katya, your dads here!"

"coming!" i shouted back up. the boys were too busy searching to notice the interaction, so i grabbed my stuff to head out. "bye guys, my dads here." they stopped for a second, but continued looking again. i went up to each of them and kissed the tops of their heads.

i got to the top of the stairs and smiled at mrs. wheeler, "thank you for having me over." she hugged me and told me to come back anytime. just as i was about to leave i looked upstairs towards mikes sister, nancys room. "say bye quickly, okay?" i nodded my head at my dad and my dad took my stuff from my hands.

heading up the stairs, i stopped at nancys door and waved bye - she was too busy talking on the phone with her boyfriend to notice me. after a second, she looked up and offered me a smile before i went back downstairs to my dad. "bye mrs. wheeler!" she waved bye at me as i went outside to my dads truck with him beside me.

"did you have fun, kat?" he asked me and i hugged his side. "i had a blast! the boys are so much fun to campaign dnd with because they're really into it, but i only like being there as a support character." he hummed in response and we got into the truck and headed home.

i turned to my dad as we parked in our driveway and he looked at me with a raised brow. "what is it, kat?" unzipping my bag, i took out a makeshift walkie-talkie. "we had AV club today after-school and dustin taught me how to make a walkie-talkie, do you like it?" he chuckled and softly took it out of my hands, looking it over before ruffling my hair with his other hand.

"this is great, kat. thank you," i grinned and got out of the car, heading inside of our nice trailer house.

we went to sleep that night like we do every night, but little did we know that something was coming to Hawkins - something evil and hungry.
___________
it's a short chapter. sorry!
hope you enjoyed <3
love,
fate