Ontae (fluff) | Trembling Hearts

Ontae has a special place in my heart <3

There weren't many things SHINee's maknae was afraid of; but if you were to ask what he's afraid of, it would only come down to one thing: thunder.

On a warm spring day where the morning started out with sunshines and smiles, later that night it took a dramatic turn for Taemin as the weather drastically changed to a rain storm. Dark clouds decorated the blue sky and rain poured furiously onto the holy grounds of Seoul; a spark of thunder making an appearance a little too frequently, much to the maknae's dismay.

Taemin was currently curled up into a ball on the sofa. Even though he had a warm blanket covering him he was still cold because his boyfriend's presence wasn't there to keep him company.

A cup of coffee was something Taemin now regretted asking for.

But, soon enough his beloved boyfriend, Onew, walked back into the hall with a cup of coffee.

A sudden bright lightening and rumbling of the sky caused the maknae to shut his eyes and bring his hands to his face as a way to protect himself. Onew chuckled at his boyfriend's cuteness and immediately sat down next to him so he'd feel comforted. Onew wrapped an arm around Taemin's shoulder and pulled him closer to himself.

"Is it over?" Taemin's muffled voice spoke up

"Yes" Onew spoke softly, being mindful to not have a loud voice that may scare his already scared boyfriend.

Taemin slowly lifted his head up from his hands and look outside the window to see the sky's anger calmed down. He then looked back at Onew for reassurance of his presence. When he felt at ease from both aspects he picked up his hot mug of coffee and took a sip from it

"Can I sleep with you tonight..?" Taemin asked, a little reluctantly after taking a couple more sips.

"Of course!" Onew still maintained that gentle voice of his

"But what about Minho Hyung?" Taemin asked referring to the fact that Onew and Minho were roommates.

"He'll understand" Onew sounded confident which relaxed the Maknae down. He nodded while having his head resting against the leader's chest.

"Try to go to sleep Taeminah" Onew kissed his boyfriend's head after putting forth a plead, knowing very well how hectic the younger's schedule had gotten which prevented him from getting in a good sleep. 

"I'll try.." mumbled the younger

"Okay, thank you." Onew kissed the top of Taemin's head once again and relaxed back into the sofa as he hummed a soft tune for the younger boy to fall asleep to.

Another rumble of the thunder stiffened the younger's body up but he soon relaxed into his boyfriend's comforting embrace. Soon enough sleep was learning to take over him

"Onew, I'm sleepy" Taemin admitted. Onew smiled in relief and got up from his seat. He immediately scooped his boyfriend into his arms- bridal style, and led him to his bedroom. Onew laid his boyfriend down and knowing too well he wouldn't like the fact of being left alone once agin, Onew laid down next to Taemin right after.

Thankfully for Taemin there weren't any windows in Onew's room so he didn't have to worry about the sight scaring him. And while clinging onto the leader's shirt, Taemin slowly found peaceful sleep in the arms of his loving boyfriend.