Chapter 1

Naina feels her face getting hot, her cheeks flushing with pain and redness, and this uncontrollable envy envelopes her like a wave crashing onto her. Jealousy and anger builds up inside her as she realises the only person she has in the entire academy is now with someone else.

With her heart bubbling with rage and sadness, her eyes filled up with tears, she makes her way towards his room and in no time, she reaches outside of his door.

Her steps comes to a halt as she reads the name plate of his name  "Capt Rajveer". She shuts her eyes tightly in order to stop her increasing heartbeat.

And without a second thought, she pushes his door open and barges into his room.

"Aap Dr. Mishra se engage nahi ho sakte sir"

Naina's voice skips Rajveer's heartbeat. Rajveer, who was busy with few files, he looks up at her in shock. A shiver goes down his spine as he digests her words, or should we say her order. Only she has the guts to enter his room without knocking and on top of that, order him like that.

The fire he sees in her eyes sends another shiver down his spine. Staring her throughout, putting the file away, he stands up from the couch.

At this moment, realization drowns upon Naina. She has just ordered him - like his lover.

Lowering her eyes out of hesitation, Naina covers up the blunder that she just made.

"I mean...aapko nahi hona chahiye sir"

A bit of disappointment surges through Rajveer for an unknown reason causing him to turn a bit angry.

Keeping the stare, he walks few steps towards Naina. Reaching her, he stares at her for few moments before he speaks.

"Naina kya tum mujhse sirf yehi kehne ayi ho?"

His question causes Naina to look up at Rajveer and they share an intense eye lock. She doesn't understand why she feels in such a way, why she feels so jealous. Just the thought of being him with Dr. Mishra sends chills down her spine.

Scared of what her eyes might reveal, she lowers her eyes.

"Nahi..sir.. aap please samjhiye..jo ladki Naveen bhaiyya ka sath nahi de payi, wo aapse kya pyaar nibhayegi? Toh acha yehi hoga ke aap unh se engagement na karein"

She replies him back as she shifts her vision from one thing to another but doesn't dare to meet his gaze.

This makes Rajveer to turn all the more frustrated. In irritation, he turns his back towards her. Turning his head slightly towards his right side, he looks at her through the corner of his eyes.

With a stern tone, he speaks,

"Mein koi chota bacha nahi hun jisse tum batao ke kya karna chahiye or kya nahi"

Now, turning towards her, he glares at her angrily while he continues further.

"Mein apni zindagi ke faisle khud leta hun Cadet Naina Singh."

His stern voice skips Naina's heartbeat. Yes, he is right. He isn't a child anymore and who is she to tell him what he should or shouldn't do? What right does she have on him?

Naina thinks about what she has told Dr. Mishra before coming here - she literally confessed to Dr. Mishra that she loves Rajveer therefore, Dr. Mishra should forget about getting engaged to Rajveer. But how should she stop him from getting engaged?

Staring him with full confidence, with an increasing heartbeat, Naina says,

"Sir, please don't get engaged to Dr. Mishra"

Her words and pleads does amazing things inside Rajveer. Isn't today the day he has been waiting for? The women he loves, today, she stands in front of him, asking him not to get engaged to someone else.

No! There is no way he can do this. There is no way he can let Naina know about his feelings towards her. She is his student, his protégée, dammit!

His eyes turns soft by every passing second.

"And why shouldn't I Cadet Singh? Give me one good reason"

He questions her, his tone getting softer.

This is exactly the question Naina has been asking herself. Why shouldn't he get engaged? Is it because she sees Dr. Ritu to be the culprit? - the women who was behind Naveen's death? Or is there another reason which she has failed to understand?

She stares at him with soft eyes for moments, without blinking.

"Dr. Mishra jhoot bol rahin hai sir. Jo Dr. Mishra ne Naveen bhaiyya ke sath kiya. Kya wo reason kafi nahi hai sir?"

Her voice comes out like a whisper this time telling Rajveer her state perfectly - how hurt she is feeling at this moment.
Rajveer recalls the conversation he heard between Naina and her parents when he went to meet Naina.

"Maine tumhari or tumhare parents ke beech ki baatein sun li thi"

He informs her

This surprises Naina.

"Sir phir bhi aap..."

she tries to speak but trials off as she fails to form a proper sentence.

Rajveer immediately turns his back towards Naina.

"Dekho Naina aisa tumhare parents mante hain ke jisse unhone burqay mein dekha tha wo Dr. Mishra hai"

Turning back towards her, he says further,

"Lekin mein aisa bilkul nahi manta"

Saying that, he turns to exit his room because if he stays in front of her for another moment, he won't be able to control his emotions. Somewhere deep down, even he believes Dr. Mishra to be the culprit.

Just when he reaches the door, Naina's voice drags his attention.

"Aap unhse engagement nahi karenge Rajveer sir"

Her confident words makes Rajveer to knit his brows out of surprise and he turns to face her.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he stares at Naina and finds her face showing no expressions or emotions.

He takes a step closer to her while he asks,

"Or mein aisa kyun nahi kar sakta?"

Keeping the eye-contact, Naina starts advancing towards him leading him to just stare at her out of confusion while his heart starts beating faster than a marathon.

Reaching him, she stands parallel to him, but her face is turned towards him.

"Because I love you"

Says Naina looking him straight in the eyes with full confidence.