Chapter 2

He doesn't understand, as if his brain has short-circuited and needs to be rebooted. Around him, everything is in fast-forward while he is motionless in the middle of it all. How can this be possible? He is astounded that finally his dreams are coming true. She is the only women he has deeply and truly fallen in love with. She is the one whom he dreams of every night. And today, she stands in front of him - confessing that she also loves him! Is this real or just a dream?

With wide eyes, staring at Naina, he questions her,

"Kya kaha tumne?"

His voice comes out like a whisper - showing his state of shock perfectly well. He waits for her to answer while they share an intense eye lock.

Maintaining the eye-contact with full confidence, no change in emotions, Naina replies,

"Aapne bilkul sahi suna. I said I love you Rajveer Sir"

He gasps at her confession. Her love confession swells his heart making his heart to dance with joy. Staring her throughout, he takes a step closer to her. At this moment, he wants to pull her in his embrace! As he extends his right hand to touch her, reality drowns upon him. No! No! No! This can't be happening. This is wrong. He can't love her. This relationship is wrong. They only share a professional relationship and nothing more than that.

He shuts his eyes tightly in order to control his emotions. Opening them back up, he glares at her with anger.

"Dimagh toh kharab nahi hogaya tumhara? Ye kya keh rahi ho tum Naina?"

He questions her with a stern tone.

Her face shows no change in emotions.

With straight face, Naina replies,

"Dimagh mera bilkul sahi jagah pe hai Sir. It's not my fault that I've fallen in love with you"

A shiver goes down his spine at her words. Anger surges through him. Why is she making it so hard for him? Why doesn't she understand that it's wrong?

Reaching her, he clutches her elbow tightly - as a sign of showing his anger towards her.

"Naina kaho ke ye jhoot hai"

He says, rather warns her.

His hold is hurting her but she doesn't dare to jerk his hand away. She keeps staring at him without blinking.

"Yehi sach hai sir. Mein phir se kehti hun. I Love You"

His grip tightens automatically on her elbow at her words. Staring her after a while, he lets go off her with a jerk, making her to stumble but fortunately, with the help of the table, she stands back up straight.

He turns his back towards her and says,

"Aisa nahi ho sakta. Tum...tum mujhse pyaar nahi karti"

Coming in front of him, Naina stands perpendicular from him.

Looking straight, she questions,

"Kyun nahi ho sakta aisa?"

Grabbing her by her elbow, he gets her to face him. Holding her by her shoulders, he shakes her in order to force her to come back to reality that this isn't possible.