Chapter 5: Where are you Cait?

Barry Pov:

I slowly open my eyes and reach for my phone. I squint at the bright light. 2:50 "Holy Sh-" I quickly get out of bed and speed around the room picking out a white shirt and blue jeans with a red and blue flannel. I quickly fix my hair, brush my teeth. I try to find my shoes I look everywhere but can only find one converse in the bathroom. I run out of the bathroom and search widely. Me being the idiot that I am completely over looked the seconded shoe near the dresser. I grab a pair of socks, put my shoes on and run out the door barley having time to grab my phone. I close the door and speed to Jitters.
I reach in my pocket for my phone, pulling it out to check the time, 3:07. I look around and Caitlin is not here. I let out a relieved sigh. I go to the table in the middle and slide into the chair. 30 minutes past and Cait is still not here. That's weird Cait is never late. What if something happened to her and I'm not there. No. Caitlin is a strong girl she can take care of herself "Where are you Cait?" I mumble to myself still searching hoping she'll show up any minute now. But I know deep down, she wasn't coming and from here on out,well, things will never be the same.