Things Didn't Go As Planned

There's an old saying; "If you're having fun then time will surely pass faster." For both Revali and Link, this was most certainly true. Shortly after the two of them had confronted their feelings and had made their relationship official time seemed to pass at a lightning fast speed.

Long, tiring days came and went. Days spent in the severe heat of the Gerudo desert with their respective Divine Beasts, training so all their fighting styles could eventually be completely in sync. Other times there were days where they had to spend hours upon hours fighting against the Royal Guard to sharpen their ground attacks. At the end of those days the four champion's muscles ached and they usually had to be helped into the castle to rest. There were days where they hardly moved a muscle but ended up just as tired. They trained their minds to be in tune with their respective Divine Beast, bonding with their mechanical animals so there would be no misunderstanding in the future fight against evil.

As the days, months, passed Link was worked harder and harder as well. He was thrown into old arenas with hordes of monsters in them, the Champions, Zelda, and the King sat safely in the seats above. They all watched Link as he fought for his life against Bokoblins, Moblins, Hinoxes, and Lynels. He had nothing on his person except the sword of evil's bane. At the end of each fight he would come out half dead; bloody, exhausted, weak, but victorious nonetheless. As he won more and more battles he was put into more and more dangerous ones. Against two, no three!, lynels. Against electric wizzrobes and stalinoxes. Against bokoblins on horses shooting arrows at him while a horde of flaming keese chased him and a lynel roared in his direction.

These battles were sickening, they made Revali feel disgusted every time he was practically forced to watch Link prove himself time and time again that he was Hyrule's hero. Luckily the Rito champion wasn't alone in feeling this, more than once Urbosa gave the king a piece of her mind and more than once did Impa step in when Link was about ready to collapse as he was fighting the last of the electric keese. None of the scoldings changed the King's mind, however, because each time Link won a battle the Master Sword began glowing an even brighter blue and Link looked even more divine than ever.

There was a positive side to all of this. As Link was worked to the bone, as was Zelda. Now this wasn't the upside, the upside was that with the constant orders from the King to keep training, the two hylians grew closer. Zelda began opening up about her fears of the future, her fears about her place in this battle. Link eventually felt comfortable enough to speak with her, then the rest of the champions. This helped the team's, as well as Link and Revali's relationship, bond grow stronger.

"I see the King is allowing you two a moment's rest." Revali said one semi-quiet evening. Him and the champions had just finished an entire day of meditating and connecting their minds with their respective Beast. To relax he had decided to talk a nice stroll through the castle's garden. "That's quite a surprise."

"Yes well Impa had to intervene." Zelda gave her rito friend a tired smile. "Link and I were about to faint." Link nodded and rubbed the back of his head with his left hand, the hylian almost seemed like he was hiding the other. "I've been exhausting my mind all day attempting to reach out to the Goddess Hylia and her power as well as the ones who had this power before me. And Link... Link has been training...as usual." The two looked slightly uncomfortable. Revali cocked his head.

"I'll just tell you now that I'm fine." Link mumbled as he looked up at Revali's piercing green eyes. "It was my mistake anyways, I shoulda known better what with being the knight and all ya know?" 

"I hope you realize that stalling will only make me even more upset." Revali stated flatly as he stepped closer to Link and looked at the arm he was hiding. Sure enough Link was injured, his right arm was in a sling and wrapped up in a somewhat bloody bandage. Link laughed nervously and held it out for him to see better.