Awakening

"This is all I can do for you all given my current situation." A familiar voice said somewhere in all the darkness Link saw. "But believe me when I say that things... will be fine in the end." A golden orb appeared in front of Link. He blinked and stared at it. In its center, the image of a sword glowed. Four more orbs appeared on his sides. One with a bird, one with a camel, one with a lizard, one with an elephant. His eyes fell on the one with the bird.

"Have faith." The disembodied voice whispered. "Hope is not yet lost." The orbs around him changed colors: red, blue, orange, and green. They glowed brighter,  and brighter. So bright that Link felt the need to turn away. But he couldn't. His eyes wouldn't dare tear themselves away from the single green orb with a bird in its center.

"Have faith..." His body felt lighter. The orbs' light was dying down. Link didn't understand what was happening. His vision was blurring, all the colors blending together before dimming down and beginning to melt into the dark. Before the darkness took over his vision he could have sworn he saw a familiar bird-like figure staring at him.

-

Link's eyes opened slowly, the cool water surrounding him drained out of the tub-like structure he was in. A voice so faint and so familiar spoke to him. He didn't know who it belonged to but he felt at ease when he heard it. She said his name was Link. Link. It sounded right.

Slowly, he stood up and stretched. His legs wobbled underneath him and he fell to the ground. Link hissed in pain and knelt there for a second before pushing himself back up, this time he leaned against the tub and looked around. Link didn't know where he was. A moment later he realized he didn't know anything to be exact. All he knew was his name, the name the voice had told him was his.

He did as the voice told him to. He grabbed the Sheikah Slate and (with a bit of trouble) climbed out of the shrine area he was in, now wearing somewhat old and worn out clothes. The door glowed to life and opened up for him, a brilliant light shone on Link as he dashed outside. He stood at the top of a cliff that overlooked beautiful land that seemed to stretch on forever. It looked somewhat destroyed but Link didn't care. It was breathtaking all the same. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath in. He stood there, bathing in the sun's warmth, letting the nice breeze ruffle his hair, and listened to the lively wildlife. His mind felt at ease, even though he had just woken up in a strange tub with no idea where or who he was. All he knew was that his name was Link and that was good enough for him.

He was still standing in the same spot, soaking up the sun, when his stomach growled embarrassingly loud. That's when he caught the eye of the old man not too far away. Link didn't know what it was about him that made him think the Old Man was someone Link should know. He cocked his head, watching the stranger hold a painfully delicious looking apple up in the air before turning around and walking back to a small campsite.

Link followed the Old Man.

-

Less things made sense now. The Old Man turned out to be a ghost and Link turned out to be some kind of hero. He was standing at the very top of an old temple that looked like it was about to collapse, looking at the remains of a kingdom that died a hundred years ago. The voice guiding him was the princess he was supposed to protect and the ghost was the king. Link felt overwhelmed but then the king topped it off by saying there were four others out there. Four others that tried to help him and protect this kingdom a hundred years ago.

"I get that you must be feeling overwhelmed," The King began, "but believe me when I say it'll be fine in the end." Link nodded although he wasn't convinced. He had just learned his name and now he was being told to defeat a giant monster made out of pink goo and save the whole kingdom. "Have faith, my boy. Hope isn't lost yet."