Chapter 9

Beep beep beep.

The line died after I slammed the hang up button.

"Bro." I let out an exasperated sigh while running my fingers through my hair.

"Honey? I'm home!" Mother's heels clicked on the wood floor, causing an echo to bounce off the walls of the small home.

"Mom! I missed you!" I exclaimed while throwing in more excitement then planned to mask the worry in my voice.

"Woah, you're excited. Hungry? I brought Chinese food." Setting the bags on the counter, she headed to her room to change.

"Thanks! But actually, I'm kinda tired. I think I'll head to bed. Save some for me, though?" I ducked my head into her room.

"Well duh! I can't eat all that! Goodnight, honey." She planted a kiss on my forehead.

Slipping into the covers, I looked up at the ceiling. My room was pitch black, besides the gleaming lights of Rodrick's house.

Looking through the window, I turned on my side into a little ball and cried, and cried, and cried.

~~~~

"Psst. Wake up."

"5 more minutes."

"Psst, Y/n! Wake up!"

I opened one eye.

There stood the almighty Greg Heffley. Wait, in my room?!

"Yo what the fuck." I shot up, glancing towards the window. The sun was slowly rising, casting a beautiful purple across the sky. "Greg?!"

"Shh!"

"How'd you even get in here?"

He pointed at the wide open window. Underneath, there was a big ass ladder.

"Bro."

"Y/n! I need something!"

"What could you possibly need?! It's like 5 A.M.!"

"I need to get payback...." He then turned, and a large gasp escaped from my mouth.

There was a HUGE bald spot on his head.

"Oh my god."

"Y/n! I know! But Rodrick did this! Will you please help?"

Thinking about it, I really did want to get back at that stupid ass dookie canon.

"I'm in."

————
Short chapter, I knoooooow. I'm having writers block and I'm trying to think of a plot for an upcoming book. I'll TRY to update more frequently.

-ellie❤️