Chapter 1

It was eight o’clock on a winter’s evening. Thin, dingy rain spat and drizzled past the lighted street lamps. The pavements shone long and yellow.

In squeaking galoshes, with mackintosh collars up and bowlers and trilbies weeping, youngish men and women from the offices bundled home against the thistly wind and older men, clinging on to the big, black circular birds of their umbrellas, were wafted back, up the gaslit hills, to safe, hot, slippered, weatherproof hearths.

I sat, tired-eyed, and slumped over my desk. I'd been filling out application forms for the past three hours and my body yearned for the much needed rest.

I laid down on my bed and drifted off to sleep.

The sound of a loud bang was heard from the living room downstairs.

"Five minutes more Lisa." I mumbled.

Lisa and I'd been friends since we were five. It was that kind of friendship that blooms in the center of your heart, that kind of friendship that grows from the seed basking in the warm soil to a vast tree with many ups and downs.

Bang.

"I'm up, I'm up." I woke up startled as I heard it again and this time more louder.

"Who's there?" I stuttered as I threw my covers and slipped in my sandals.

"Come to me" A voice whispered in my ear. I screamed in surprise and turned around, but only met with darkness.

Although I was alone I still felt someone's presence around me. I tried to turn on the lights, they flickered for a minute and turned off.

"Fuck! that's just great" I said annoyingly.

And then I heard it again, that voice.

"Come to me"

"Lisa? Is that you?" I called out making my way downstairs.

The room was empty, nothing but darkness greeted me.

"Y/N, come to me."

"Who the hell are you? Listen I've called the cops so you better surrender before they beat the living shit out of you" I declared the obvious lie.

There was complete silence and it was deafening. The silence felt wierd and scary like the silence before a disaster.

The door next to the living room started banging uncontrollably. That took me by surprise as there was no other door than the entrance in the living room or did I miss this one? The banging went louder until my ears couldn't take it no more.

"Stop it" I screamed covering my ears.
The banging had stopped, I uncovered my ears and the door swung open throwing me far away into the opposite wall.

I winced in pain as I held my arm. I tried to get up but I failed, of course, how was I supposed to get up after being thrashed into a wall.

Then it occurred to me what if I was having a relapse again and this was all just a part of my imagination.

"Wake up." I pinched my arm as hard as I could.

I yelped in pain as my arm started to sting.

This made me apprehend the situation.

I quickly ran towards my room only to find it locked. I kicked and slammed it multiple times hoping for it to open, but that stupid door wouldn't budge.

"Fuck you." I cried in frustration. I quickly ran downstairs and picked up a baseball bat from the storeroom. I swayed it left and right and took a defensive stance.

How could one fend for themselves if they don't know what they are dealing with. But one thing was certain, that I wasn't dealing with something normal considering all the events that just took place.

"Y/N" I heard the voice call my name again but this time it sounded more intimidating.

I felt something touching the tip of my finger from below. That's when I lost it. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran for my dear life only to find every door locked.

"Come on." I said with gritted teeth, trying open the entryway.

"Y/N! Come to me" The same voice whispered in my ear and my heart pounded intensely.

"Please leave me alone" I said crying.

I fell to the ground crying, I couldn't take it anymore. That's when my phone vibrated in my pajama pocket, I took it out immediately and like what the hell? why didn't I call someone before, I'm really a dumb ass after all. I sighed in relief when I saw the caller ID, it was from Lisa, I picked up the call immediately.

"Lisa help me please there is something out here trying to kill me" I cried hoping to hear her voice saying 'Y/N I'm coming just stay strong' but could only hear the sound of static and then I could finally hear a voice, a voice that I didn't want to hear came.

"Y/N, Come to me"

I dropped my phone in utter shock and disbelief and did something that I really shouldn't have done.

I picked up my phone and smashed it against the wall. Well great I just broke the last piece of hope that I had. I ran for my life but where could I go with all the doors locked? I ran to my room and yes it was open, I quickly went inside and slammed the door behind me locking it.

I sat on my bed covering myself with the blankets and that's when I heard that dreaded voice again but this time I heard not just one but seven. I looked up from my covers and saw SEVEN shadows in front of me and yes I could clearly say that because they were illuminated by the lightning outside.

"Y/N! Come to us" they all said in unison.

I jumped out of my bed and tried to run, when something below me, pulled me into darkness.

......................................................................

A/N:

Hello Everyone,
I'm an amateur writer who loves reading and writing. Since it's my first book ever, there are bound to be mistakes. Few chapters in the beginning might cringe you or may have hell lot of grammatical errors. But I promise that it gets better as each chapter progresses. Please give this amateur writer of yours to express her story and I sincerely hope that you won't be disappointed after reading my book.

Regards,
Minmi.
.
lilpuppetyuri
She's my Bae. Give her lots of love she is amazing. She's an absolute angel 😭