40~|Memes

"Something's seriously up with you," Owen proclaims, skipping through channels on the tv.
In a moment of fury, I threw my phone on the floor and still haven't picked it up. I don't need to. It's bleeps with Snapchat notifications but it's nothing important.
"I'm fine, please stop," I say sternly.
I'm annoyed and angry and I wish Owen wouldn't stop trying to aggravate it.

He settles for How I Met Your Mother, but then picks up his phone and keeps texting. He suddenly laughs and starts smiling.
"What?" I spit.
"Nothing," he answers quickly.
I'm really conscious and keep noticing him smiling. I try to concentrate on the tv but I can't. My eyes keep being pulled over towards Owen.

"What?" I snap.
"Nothin'," he repeats.
I think he knows how self conscious I'm feeling right now.
"It's nothing," he grumbles, but he's not certain.
I feel like everyone's watching me. And they're not. There's only me and Owen in the room.

Owens P.O.V

Owen: Stop sending memes, she's sitting right next to me!

Jack: Does it look like I care

Brook: Jack I thought you didn't like her anymore

Mikey: Cmon

Jack: She's mugged me off! She's gone off with his cousin!!

Mikey: Brook said he didn't see her actually do anything with her
Mikey: And why does it matter anyway, you stopped seeing each other

Jack: Yeh but still
Jack: She moved on fast then

Rye: True

Brook: She was proper into him tho, I mean like they kept on smiling and laughing

Jack: Exactly

Andy: It shouldn't matter
Andy: Like Mikey said, you haven't spoken to her for months

Mikey: Exactly

Owen: She's getting fidgety
Owen: She's onto us

Mikey: So lets change the conversation

Jack: But she's just completely mugged me off

Andy: Jack, Cmon mate, you weren't really getting anywhere with her anyway, you said it yourself that's she 'immature'

Mikey: Lets just leave it, and if it works out then it works out but what are you achieving from doing this

Jack: Self pride

Brook: Shut up you goon

Andy: I'm telling you, let's just leave it

Owen: Hi this is Lilly, I can't believe any of you. You're talking about me like I'm some kind of devil and I really don't appreciate it. Jack, if you're so concerned then please just text me, but I made a friend. That's it! You're all pathetic.

Lilly's P.O.V

Without a second thought I slam his phone down and run upstairs into the bathroom and cry off all my makeup. How could he do this? Within minutes he's already started texting his friends stupid memes about me. I look like an idiot. I understand I've messed things up but I feel so rubbish about myself. I wait on the toilet seat for a while, waiting for my eyes to calm down and I wipe away the dripping mascara as much as I can.

My mom and Chris and sorting through things upstairs, and I hear there voices muffled through the ceiling. They're feet patter and focusing my mind on that stops me from thinking about anything else. I try to clear my mind and focus on my breathing. In and out. This has all gotten out of hand. I'm 14 and he's 18. His expectations are obviously going to be different to mine and maybe that's not what i want.

I calm down and come out of the bathroom. Owens still in the living room and I go back inside, to retrieve my phone and see whether he has anything to say.
"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I didn't want to get involved and I never meant to offend you and if we're going to be family then-"

It's as if it's simultaneous.

"Lilly and Owen, can we speak to you please?" My mom asks innocently, resting against the doorframe.