Chapter 26 - Danger Lurks This Way

(Brianna's POV)

Dream:

I was running. Running through the woods. Extremely fast. So fast, a human wouldn't see me pass by.

I turned around and a woman was chasing me. I look down to see I'm bare-feet with a black dress on. It's dirty though. Completely filthy. We're in the woods. Snokey woods and it's eerily quiet besides the soft thuds of our feet in the mud.

"You can't hide little bitch." The woman said menacingly. I ran faster. I don't think I have ever seen her before but she looks familiar. I can't quite place my finger on it.

I run faster because it can feel the power off of her. It's so powerful. I push myself as fast as I can but I can tell she is catching up from the soft thuds getting louder and closer.

I look up from the ground and I see a bright white tunnel that is pulling me in. Before I make it to the bright wall tunnel, I'm slammed to the mud.

I look up to see a dark-haired lady with forest green eyes with some brown speckles in them. She is gorgeous, but with the evil smile on her face, she just looks fucking crazy and disgusting.

Then, I'm smacked. Smacked so hard that I got whiplash. Then, I feel hands wrap around my neck. The hands are delicate and smooth, but with the hard grip on them, they feel strong. I immediately start wheezing and my eyes get heavy.

No! No! You will not let this crazy bitch kill you! I scream to myself mentally.

With all the strength left in me, I lift my leg up and swung my flexible leg and kicked her as hard as I can with my foot. Her grip lessens and breath in air as I push her off me. I kick her again then sprint to the bright white tunnel.

When I make it, I began to fall. While I'm falling, I'm screaming all the way down which seems endless.

All of a sudden I jolt awake screaming, but it comes out as a quiet squeak. I look around frantically and see a sleeping David. I am in a bright room which seems to resemble a hospital room, but not right.

As if sensing I'm awake, David jolts up and his eyes immediately land on me. "Brianna?" He whispers softly in disbelief.

He jumps up and hugs me tightly causing me to squeak surprised. But it barely comes out and that makes me notice my dry throat. I point to my throat and make my hand into a letter 'C' then pretend like I'm drinking from a cup to indicate to David that I need a drink.

He nods frantically then races out. No more then a minute later David comes racing in with a cup of water.

I quickly drink the water and clear my throat feeling way better. "Thank you." I say but still my voice is a little bit rusty . He nods in way that says 'your welcome baby'.

"Do you remember baby?" He asks nervously.

I think about being awake. Then suddenly, I remember everything. The mall, Amber, David and I's love making, and him having to suck my blood. I remember feeling heavy then nothing after that.

"Yeah." I breathe out. "I remember everything." I say quietly. "How long was I out?" I ask worried.

"For 1 week and a half. Your parents have been visiting you a lot and I haven't left this spot unless to take a shower and stuff. I had to be here for you. It was all my fault. Baby, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." He said. I can see all the guilt behind his eyes. All the sadness and self-conflict he is going through.

I sit up and pat the spot next to me on the huge bed. David reluctantly takes a seat and I pull his head to me and cradle him in my breast while running my hands through his hair soothingly.

"This isn't your fault David. You needed it. It could have been way worse if you waited until you craved it more. I would probably not be here. Don't blame yourself. It's out of your control. You are going to need me to feed and I will be here for you. I don't know if I will need to feed or not, but if that time comes I know you will be there for me. So, stop putting yourself through so much with those untrue and negative thoughts." I say while running my hands through his hair and kissing his head lovingly.

David didn't even get to answer my question. The door slowly opens and in walks his father and a familiar looking lady. I don't know if it's his mother because I never really met her, but I've seen her.

I get a closer look at the lady and no doubt she is gorgeous, but that is not what catches my attention. She looks exactly like the lady from my dreams. She has a fake pity look look on her face. If you look closer into her eyes, you can vaguely see the menace and evilness behind. That tells me alone that it is her.

I grip David tightly and whisper quietly in his ear, "David. Who is that lady?"

"My mom." he whispers.

I gulp. Shit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but it's important. Thank you for reading. Vote if your enjoying this story and you want me to continue writing this.