#1 New roomate

Spitting out a small chunk of my tongue and some blood I jump back up before a huge fist smashes into the earth where my head just was.
"Oh, nice one big guy but you are going to have to be a little faster"I rasp out spitting out more blood before darting to my duffle bag thrown haphazardly against a snow covered tree.
Grabbing my bag I stumble a little as I hear an ear splitting roar come from the huge beast with it's fist still implanted in the ground.
I plunge my fist into my duffle bag trying to find my axe before the giant monster can get it's hand free. I feel a cold wooden shaft against my fingertips just as the beast rips it's hand free from the ground.
I wrap my hand around my axe just as I'm picked up by my shoulder and thrown across the small snow covered clearing.
Sliding across the snowy ground I smash into a tree,my head bouncing off of the thick trunk. I groan as my vision blurs for a second.
I shake my head bringing my eyes back into focus."Nice one, but that's not going to keep me down"I grumble as I get up. Looking around for my axe before the beast gets any more funny ideas, I spot it three feet away from the trunk of a large pine tree. Lunging towards my axe I grab it and clench my leather clad hands around it's shaft.
Then I stand still, waiting for the huge ape looking beast to make it's move.
I look over the other injuries I caused the beast before I was thrown to the ground earlier before. Three huge chunks of it's upper right arm were laying somewhere in the clearing. Blood leaked from it's nose into it's mouth causing it to lick it's upper lip to clear it of blood. I would guess that I broke at least five of it's ribs which would explain why it leaned more to the other side of it's huge body.
It growled deeply making me feel the vibrations through the air. "Come and get me ugly" I laughed as it roared again racing on all fours towards me. As it came close to me it swiped it's huge hand at my legs attempting to knock them out from under me.
I stomped on it's huge wrist grinning as I hear a satisfying crunch then a loud roar as the creature rears back in pain.
Jumping onto the back of the monster I lift my axe above my head swinging downwards towards it's head as hard as I can.
~
I pant leaning against a tree. "Oh man I'm really getting out of shape. I need to start taking those morning jogs with Andy"I say to myself looking over the clearing with the dead monster laying in the center of it.
My axe still embedded in it's brain. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I call my boss. "Hello? "I hear a voice say fron my phone. "River Mariani. Yowie. 9 feet. Creature dead. Ready for clean up."I say into the phone as I walk over to the yowie pulling my axe from it's head.
"Good job Mariani. Keep up the good work"the voice from my phone says. "Thanks Michael. I have to get my stuff and then I'll flag the yowie."I say wiping the brain and blood of my axe and onto the monsters arm.
"Great. You will get your pay on Tuesday. Take care Mariani." Michael says before hanging up. Sighing I walk over to my discarded duffle and throw my axe inside. Walking around the area picking up discarded weapons I used to take down the yowie.
Checking that I had everything picked up and ready for flagging I zip up my bag and sling it on my back. Taking out a small needle like tracker from a small metal compartment in my jacket, I stick it into the yowie's shoulder and walk to my motorcycle hidden in the shadows of the tall pine trees making up the dense woods of Därränęl.
The small town with a large amount of mysterious murders and disappearances. Yet it seems like more and more people move here.
Maybe the rent is cheaper or something. Not cheap enough through I think bitterly.I had to rent out the only other bedroom in my two bedroom apartment.Oh no. My new roommate was supposed to move in today. I wanted to help her move in today and maybe get to know her a little bit."It's way to late now"I think as I check the time. 2:30.I sigh as I swing my legs clad in black leather over my motorcycle.
Putting my helmet on and pulling my black jacket tighter around my body I start my bike and hum as I feel the engine roar to life.
Checking over my injuries one more time making sure nothing was broken too bad, I pull out of the trees and like a shadow I raced silently towards my apartment hoping to get some sleep before I have to get up at seven for classes at the local college.
~
Making it to my apartment complex I park my bike in a small covered parking spot that I rented out when I first moved in. With paying the expenses for my bike and all the weapons I'm loosing on calls it's no surprise I had to rent out the room. I should be more careful with my weapons, then maybe I wouldn't have had to rent out the room. "Oh who am I kidding. "I think bitterly. The Kjekk corporation has horrible pay, but it's not like I can leave it. Who else would do my job.
Draging my bloody and sore body up the stairs to my apartment on the third floor, I think about the due essay that I have in the morning. It was only two thirds done.I groan as I stick my keys into the lock of the door, turning the knob I enter my apartment. There is a stack of empty boxes next to my decent sized island in the kitchen.
Kicking off my shoes I place them next to the door mat.I grab some clothes and go into the bathroom to take a shower. Once I finished my shower I went back to my room and dug through a different duffle bag with the word Medicine written on it.
Taking out an advanced healing pill I swallow it dry.Trying to be as quite as possible so I wouldn't wake up my new roommate,I made my way to the kitchen. I dig through the cabnets pulling out a bottle of peanut butter and two slices of bread.I put some milk in the microwave with some hot chocolate mix.
While waiting for the hot chocolate I make a peanut butter sandwich and cleaned the knife I used. I jump across the kitchen to the microwave I stop it before it can get to zero and start beeping.
Pulling out my hot chocolate I grab my sandwich and go into my living room. In the alright sized room was a white leather couch with a glass coffee table on a black fuzzy rug in front of it. A flat screen TV hung above a table with DVDs scattered all over the top. A white leather recliner was on the other side of the glass coffee table.
I like leather I guess. Sitting on the couch I set my hot chocolate on the small wooden table on the side of the couch. My laptop is on the glass coffee table so I reach forward and bring it to me. Taking a bite of my sandwich I log on my computer and start to finish the paper I have to turn in to Mr.Nordsvard in the morning.
The paper is on the different types of animal kingdoms and the animals in them. It was fun despite having to be five pages long.It was 3:10 AM by the time I finished my paper. 4 hours of sleep then I have to wake up. I sigh sipping on my now cold chocolate. I am way to tired to go to my bed so it's another nights sleep on the couch.
Laying out along the couch I fold my arms behind my head and look at the ceiling .I wondered what my roomate is like. I was on a call when I was supposed to show her around my apartment so I had Andy do it, and with his high standards I bet she's going to exactly what I wanted. A quite roommate who respects privacy. Finally closing my eyes I fall asleep.
~
I'm wandering through a dark snowy forest.Moonlight breaks through the dense treetops and lights my path. I've been here before. I keep walking on the old worn path. There is a cave up ahead. I'm on a call. Right? A twig snapping in the dense forest surrounding me makes me stop walking. I listen closely to see if I could hear anything.
Nothing. There is no noise at all. No birds chirping their annoyingly cheerful songs. No crickets screeching into the night. No cars driving by. Nothing.
I look around trying to see if I can make out any shapes in the dark. Not seeing anything at all I keep walking along the moon lit path. Another twig snaps this time I don't stop. I run into the dense forest off of the path. I have to get out of the light.
My bag. I pull my bag off of my back. Sticking my hand in I pull out a pair of night vision googles and an amplified hearing headset I put them on. My smooth breath comes out in snowy white puffs.
It's so cold. It's colder than it has ever been since I lived here. What am I hunting again? Looking around I see slash marks on a tree about twenty feet from me. Oh right a centicore. This should be easy. Right? Swirling around I see eyes in my googles looking back at me.
Before I can scream I'm launched into the air. Landing in a heap ten feet away from the centicore. I'm dazed my vision blurring slightly. I think I cracked my goggles. I reach onto my belt pulling my axe from it's place on my hip.
The creature yells as it charges at me. I jump to the side at the last second. I slice though it's front right leg as it passes me. It's scream causes me to move again as it turns around to me. It's leg causing spots of blood to fall onto the snow covered ground and
soak the snow in red.
It lunges at me. I'm to slow as it's horn grazed my side. Clutching my now injured side I swing my axe at it's horns trying to cut them off .
I miss. The monsters horns swing at my chest. I block the blow with my axe. The force of the swing causes my axe to fly out of hands. My axe lands about 10 feet from where I am still laying on the floor. Scrambling away from the beast I lunge for my axe. As I'm on my hands and knees looking through the snow I feel the monsters horns slash into my back. Letting out a strangled scream, I roll away from the centicore.
Reaching into my black hiking boots I pull out a 6 inch blade. As the creature charges at me I don't try to dodge it. Instead I slide underneath it slicing it's stomach open. My breath coming out in short ragged breaths. The snowy white fog coming from my mouth catches some light as the moon starts to lower. Pulling out my phone I start to type the number for the corporation. As I am about to press the call button I hear a beep. Dammit. It's another call.
I open the message on my device. "Warg. 5 feet. Dispose. Your current coordinates." I whirl around. "Shit"is the only thing I manage to say before a snarling wolf like creature lunges at my throat.
~
I jump off of the couch grabbing the person shaking me awake. I pin them on the couch snarling as I do. "River!! Stop!!" Andy says from under me. I snap out of it.
I jump off of Andy sticking my hand out to help him up. "I'm sorry dude I didn't know it was you." I say sheepishly rubbing my neck. "Apparently" he huffs. Dammit he's mad at me. "I'll buy Oakland a new toy and get you coffee." I say hoping that will cheer him up. I look at his thoughtful face as he thinks over what I said. "Fine but he gets to pick the toy."he states crossing his arms.
I grin. I know he can't stay mad at me for too long. Even if it does sometimes cost me a coffee and dog toy. "Cool. So why did you try to wake me up?"I say stretching my arms. "Uhhh school? "He says. Shit.
Before he can say anything else I run to my room and grab clothes before rushing into the bathroom and taking the fastest shower ever. Putting on my black skinny jeans,black and blue checkered Converse, with a black tank top under a black and blue flannel,I grab my laptop.
I put on my leather gloves that I took off before my shower.I grab my keys from Andy and my bag off of the ground by the door. I was already half way to school when I realized I forgot to see if my roommate was awake.
"You know with as much shit as you take places why don't you get a truck? "Andy says thought the speakers installed in my helmet. "I already have a mode of transportation. And I don't even take that much shit places."I say." Besides, I can't even afford a whole apartment with our pay."
The job we had did pay very low. Maybe I should get another little side job. "True." Andy says as we pull up to a stop light. "Oh speaking of apartments."Andy starts. "Have you met your new roommate yet?"he says as we pull into the school parking lot.
I turn off my bike and take the key out. Taking off my helmet I put on a beanie, and wait for Andy to take off his as well."Actually no I haven't yet. Who is she by the way? Do I know her?"I ask Andy. It is a small town I probably do know her. Or have at least heard of her. "No you don't know her. She cute though. But you just have to find out on your own."he smirks. I groan before I turn and start walking to class. "Did you finish your paper?"he says running to catch up beside me. I nod my head in response. "I finished last night."I say as I hold the door open for him to pass. "Ya I kind of figured. You where asleep on the couch when you have a perfectly good bed." He says as he sits down at our spot at the frount of the room closest to the doors. "Ya, I got home late last night I was on a call. Yowie." I say sitting next to him placing my bag next to me on the ground.
My back is still a little sore even though I took some advanced healing medication last night.Jay sure does know how to make some good medicine.He cringes a little when he heard yowie. "Those things smell so bad."he says.
I laugh a little."You think those are bad try a Akaname.Now those stink"I say pulling out my laptop from my bag.He shudders and makes a gagging sound.
I roll my eyes at him. He is such a drama queen."With our job you would think that nothing would affect us by now." I say leaning back in my chair. He just shakes his head.
We both go quite as more people start to arrive to class. Mr. Nordsvard is really strict so most people (like me and Andy) arrive early so we don't get yelled at.
The bell rings a few moments after the professor walks into the class. A few more students walk into class before it rings though.
As Mr. Nordsvard starts to take attendance the door creaks open. All eyes snap to the door as a redheaded girl walks into the classroom. Mr. Nordsvard grins menacingly. "Well, well, well. You think you can just show up to my class late. How incredibly rude."he says in his nasaly voice.
The only thing rude about this situation is him taking time out of class to tear into people. The girl he was talking to blushes bright red. "I-Im sorry I woke up la-"he cuts her off before she can finish "No excuses. Now before you take up any more of my class time I think the class wants you to apologize for being a distraction."he says smugly looking to the class for confirmation. When no one says anything he frowns and turns back to the girl. "Well I think you should."he grumbles.
The girl looks a little stunned looking over the class as if asking for help. She turns back to him and mutters out an apology."I said apologize to the class not me."he says grinning. "I'm sorry" she grinds out looking at the class."Good now take a seat so I can begin."she scans the class room for an open seat, but the only one left is the one next to me.
Her eyes land on me before looking at the seat next to me. She makes her way over to me."Can I sit here?"she asks quietly."Sure you can." I say to her before moving my bag over a bit. She let's out a quiet thanks.
As Mr. Nardsvark starts the lesson I steal some subtle glances at the adorable redhead next to me. Her skin is so pale and not a single blemish. She has a light bridge of freckles across her nose and cheeks. Her red hair was slightly wavy but tied back into a ponytail. She was wearing a pair of black heal boots, blue jeans, and a black long sleaved shirt with red stripes.
Andy nudges me with his elbow wiggling his eyebrows. I roll my eyes at him before pushing his arm away.
Mr.Nardsvard finishes class early so we have twenty minutes of free time left before the bell rings. I turn to the redheaded girl. "Hi I'm River and this is my brother Andy."I introduced myself. The girl looks up from putting her papers into her bag and smiles at me.
Gosh she has dimples.
"Hi I'm Elizabeth but you can just call me Eli."she says in a sweet soft voice. I smile back.
She is adorable."Are you new here I don't think I've seen you before?"I ask still smiling at Eli. She blushes a little as we lock eyes for a second. "Ya I moved here by myself yesterday actually."she says playing with a pencil. "Oh that's nice maybe I could show you around sometime if you like."I say putting my papers in my bag. "Ya that would be nice how about this weekend then?" She asks me. Her eyes are green I noted, as we locked eyes as she spoke. "Great see you then." I say as the bell rings. Andy grabs my arm and drags me to the nearest coffee shop. I can't wait for this weekend. Eli is kinda cute.