Chapter two

Juliette's POV

A sigh left my lips as the morning rain hit the diner window "you know Juliette, what you need is a man" my mother responded as I turned to her "mother, why do I need a man so badly? Why is it that you need to constantly rush my love life?"

My words making her flinch as she gazed across from me, all these questions I asked her, every time I tried to get something out of her. She always blew them off. She always changed the subject when I asked her specific questions. It was like she couldn't tell me why she said these things without properly answering me.

As per usual, the next thing I know is that we're paying for the diner food and she gets up, rushing out of the place as if she was late for something important.

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked her in desperate need of some sort of assurance that she was okay after all the weird talk about settling down "just, get in the car" she said, getting into the yellow Volkswagen beetle and started it, I let out a groan as I hopped into the passenger's side.

Our meetings were always this weird, constantly telling me to settle down, have a family, get a man to look after me, but I didn't need anyone to take care of me, I'd imagine saying to her, that I'm still trying to figure things out. But there was no point in having an argument with not a single chance of winning against her.

I stared at each of the rain drops as the ran down the window as the car moved past many lights and other vehicles. "I can take care of myself" I said quietly as I turned to my mother who was just pulling into our street when she had let out a gasp, her face going pale.

"What's wrong?" I asked as then saw a black car parked out front of our house "mom, whose that in front of our house?" I got no answer as she parked in the driveway, putting the car in park and turning to me "Just get inside, okay" she said as she hopped out of the car, as did I, walking to the house.

I unlocked the house door, heading to the living room right after shutting the front door, I peaked out the window, trying to see who the stranger was, I could see my mother yelling as the person got out.

I couldn't see the person until they turned around, I went wide eyed as I closed the curtain, one name ran through my mind, a name I never thought I'd think of again.

John Wick

A/N ~ I hope you enjoyed the chapter, sorry about the late update