BDBB ☆ Chapter One ☆ BDBB

Don't forget to vote and comment! ;)

Chapter One: "Under the light."

You're walking through the corridor of your apartment building on your way to your own apartment. You are walking sluggish but you are making it without any struggle or without tumbling.

Something happened to you before you came back to rest for the day. Something you never would have thought would happen to you on the task. What you did was business but it was a complete fail. How did it happen?

You insert the key into the lock of your apartment door's knob. Door number D034. You push it open groaning miserably. This is something that never has happen. It was strange. How did it happen, you keep asking yourself.

You enter your apartment closing the door directly behind you where you use it to support your weight. You can barely stand. You can barely breathe. Something is dreadfully wrong with you but you don't question it. You never has and never will. How did this happen?

Your nose is red from crying earlier for what has happen to you. It was something uncalled for and you are confused for how it happened and why. This has never happened before and how could it? You are always on guard and watching every single thing yet this happened? How was the case caused by something like this? You had enough rest the night before yet you got yourself into some danger that you couldn't settle or handle. How did it happen?

You reach your arm out over your shoulder and slide the lock shut. You make sure your bottom locks are locked and sealed. When they are, you go to the bathroom where the mirror reflects how you look.

Your eye color is dull and mistreated. Your eyes are puffy from crying. They are red. Your nose is the only color that's brighter than your skin. It's pale and distorted. Your ponytail is out of place. Strands of hair dangle down every part of your face but you don't care. What makes things a lot worse is that blood you see plastered on your white button down. You know it wasn't yours. Something in your heart drains that makes you want to cry all over again.

You yelp in distress. You sniffle. You sob. You start tearing the shirt off of you. Nothing else is alive to you. What should be alive is what you were assigned to keep alive that is now dead. How did this happen?! You yell out in frustration as you throw the shirt again the glass. The force you use crackles the mirror.

You are now standing in front of a cracked mirror. Your body is in many pieces and shapes. What is visible to you is the three inch scar that runs down your sternum. You cock you head and reach up, brushing your finger tips against the extra skin. You stare and blink.

That scar has been with you forever yet you cannot remember how it got there or what caused it. It wasn't on duty, you know for sure. You just know it's been there and you don't question that either.

You glare back at your own face. Don't hate yourself you say to yourself but don't love yourself either. Both is dangerous for what you do. You know nothing is permanent for you. That's something you don't feel from within. It's not in your nature. That is what happened. You loved yourself for fighting for you were protecting. Now it's dead and gone. Forever.

Of what's left of the mirror you clear out and bang yourself against the wall. You scream out and slide down against it, crying into your knees and palms.

How did it happen?!

******

He was watching you from the monitor

He was watching you from the monitor. His name is Silas Hohms and he's the man who watches over you. Who made you what you have become. He's sitting and watching your attitude. Your strength. Your intelligence. Your dauntless.

And right now he doesn't like what he sees. What he sees is weakness and you were not made for weakness. You were made divergent.

Hohms has a honest face that never twitches even when he's thinking. His face stays completely stone at all time. No one can ever tell what he's thinking. Not even when he talks.

Hohms extends his arm and with his finger presses a button. "Case D034." Not seconds later a voice comes over the intercom.

"Case 34, sir," it repeats orderly. "Proceed, sir."

"Bring her in." No questions asked.

"Yes, sir. What's her status, sir?" Not a question. More like needing awaiting an order.

Hohms keeps watching you, saying nothing. He waits to see if you will bring yourself together like you were made to do. He waits. His colleague waits for the next order.

Moments has happened and yet you haven't changed your emotion. You have been crying for two straight hours. You don't shower, you don't eat. You are glue to the wall. Your face is glued to your knees and palms. Tears and sobs is what you only know as of now. How did it happen??!!

Silas Hohms is not impressed. He does not feel what you feel. He does not feel how you feel but he does feel sympathy for you. He knows why you are crying but you should not be. You should know to move on. Hohms is not impressed with you. He's getting impatient.

With his finger still on the button, he speaks with such blunt superiority. He goes through the same process. Same words, same orderliness.

"Yes, sir. What's her status, sir."

"It's not her status. It's her program." Hohms keeps his eyes on you from the monitor with his next words. "She needs a boost."

"Serum, sir?" Not a question. Only needing more of an understanding.

"No," Hohms croaks firmly. "Under the light."

-----------------------------

964 words in total. For this story, I'm not sure how much words I'm willing to go for. With your help; should they be no longer than 1000 or maybe more in the middle of 1000?

I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Being Dylan O'Brien's Bodyguard. Please make sure to vote and comment in this chapter. It would make my day/night and oh, boy. Would it make me smile and want to write more. :D

This story is already in the rankings #77 in Bodyguard. I kinda found that vague but it filled me with joy for some particular reason. I don't know!

Thanks so much for reading! I love you guys!

x   Your Writer, B.K